Frozen British Pensions

ianh68

Page 76 of the Labour Manifesto says "We will ensure that the pensions of UK citizens living overseas will rise in line with pensions in Britain". This is good news for those who are yet to retire. For those already retired the base line will be what the pension is now rather than what it should be had it been uprated since the date of retirement. That won't please those who have been on frozen pensions for many years but at least it is a start.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, vote for the everything is free party, a four day week, free broadband, only today Labour anounced that it would cut a third off rail travel. Remember folks this is a once in a life time opportunity, it doesn't have to be paid for, it is all free. Labour will plant 2 billion trees, everything is free under Labour, you'd be a fool not to vote Labour and they're coming to take me away ha ha hee hee, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time...................

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes, vote for the everything is free party, a four day week, free broadband, only today Labour anounced that it would cut a third off rail travel. Remember folks this is a once in a life time opportunity, it doesn't have to be paid for, it is all free. Labour will plant 2 billion trees, everything is free under Labour, you'd be a fool not to vote Labour and they're coming to take me away ha ha hee hee, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time...................

Right on,all they,ve got to do is print some more money..................

I just can not believe this is true!!!!!!

British pensions are not only sub standard but also frozen for emigrants???

If other European countries can afford decent pensions, why not the UK?

Time for a revolution, not led by that softy Corbyn, but by a real left winger.

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

Right on,all they,ve got to do is print some more money..................

So you think that bringing UK pensions up to European standards is not a priority - and that would not only mean defrosting pensions, but raising them substantially ?  The UK cannot afford such a thing?

In that case, vote conservative or Farage and remain a century behind Europe.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

So you think that bringing UK pensions up to European standards is not a priority - and that would not only mean defrosting pensions, but raising them substantially ?  The UK cannot afford such a thing?

In that case, vote conservative or Farage and remain a century behind Europe.

Worry about yourself,when I want your advice i,'ll ask for it.think your beloved Europe's going to last when we leave?dream on.

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I just can not believe this is true!!!!!!

British pensions are not only sub standard but also frozen for emigrants???

If other European countries can afford decent pensions, why not the UK?

Time for a revolution, not led by that softy Corbyn, but by a real left winger.

Like you?

15 minutes ago, kingdong said:

You get 75 baht =£1

try again. clue- currency becomes worthless/ worth less.

foreign currency investors not keen to buy £ in case more money is 'printed'.

inflation takes hold also. wage demands increase for payrises to cover inflation. more money printed. any brits remember the early 70's?

a certain political party 'printed' money.

joining the then EEC was a way to slow the spiral.

1 minute ago, jastheace said:

try again. clue- currency becomes worthless/ worth less.

foreign currency investors not keen to buy £ in case more money is 'printed'.

inflation takes hold also. wage demands increase for payrises to cover inflation. more money printed. any brits remember the early 70's?

a certain political party 'printed' money.

You don,t say.....   

There have been many warnings that there will be a run on the pound if Labour manage to get in. 
And maybe a return to currency controls - I remember the days when you could only take £50 spending money abroad on holiday ! 

So as already pointed out- the pension increase will be easily wiped out 

Archived