Jump to content

Frozen British Pensions


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Dear toadlad perhaps the uk should take control of the civil service and if they don,t or don,t want to fo!low legislation,sack them

Toadlad!

 

I don't know many civil services but I know the UK service. Many ministers, many people will tell you that large parts of our civil service are not fit for purpose. Ally to that the massive interference by ministers and others who simply do not know when to stop interfering and you have a recipe for disaster.

 

Brexit, sorry to bring it up, has the mantra, take back control of our borders: I think many brexiteers believe that the EU is at fault for the disaster of UK immigration policy and that once the UK leaves the EU, all immigrants will be controlled or will melt away. How many illegal immigrants are there in the UK today? As far as I know, the estimate ranges from 0.5 to 1.2 million. Why do we not know how many there are? Why are the illegals who should be deported not being deported? Good questions.

 

How about HMRC, tax and customs? Fit for purpose or a sink hole? When someone owes tax, do they have to pay? Or are some of us allowed to negotiate vast amounts away? One rule for all? Efficiency of staff? 

 

Social welfare payments are a nightmare for many, especially since they reformed it recently and consequently have wreaked havoc for many. Anyone who is in any way disabled and has to go through the PIP system will tell you how long it takes, how demeaning it is, how uncertain possible outcomes are.

 

Overall, it is not that the civil servants don't follow legislation so much as they cannot: legislation in some areas changes too much; in others, the legislation is not clear and in other cases, the staff are badly recruited or mollycoddled so much that the actual number of people at and fit for work is way below the establishment.

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, vote for the everything is free party, a four day week, free broadband, only today Labour anounced that it would cut a third off rail travel. Remember folks this is a once in a life time opportun

Yes. We can only hope that they get elected. Not looking too good though. For some bizarre reason the Brits seem to prefer the serial liar against the decent man.

Worry about yourself,when I want your advice i,'ll ask for it.think your beloved Europe's going to last when we leave?dream on.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, todlad said:

I think many brexiteers believe that the EU is at fault for the disaster of UK immigration policy and that once the UK leaves the EU, all immigrants will be controlled or will melt away.

What utter tosh. You think wrong.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What utter tosh. You think wrong.

Like i or not, that is exactly what they think.

 

Just listen to Farage. Watch the news reports of what the man in the street thinks.

 

This is one of the main reasons so many people voted for Brexit even though they will personally suffer from leaving the EU, including the fact that their job relies on the EU.

  • Like 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

We voted to leave the EU for many reasons but you being a Remainer has highlighting only one of those possible reasons. You did this in an attempt to make out we're basically racists. Try reading  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_vote_in_favour_of_Brexit

Why do you say I am a remainer?

 

I highlighted one of many area of major concern. The rest is in your imagination but you can answer this, what did everyone mean by taking back control if not controlling immigration? One does not have to be a racist to want to control immigration. On the other hand, it really is clear that some people want no one to immigrate to Britain even though we have seen and are seeing that many areas of professional life are suffering due to a lack of workers in all sorts of walks of life.

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 minutes ago, todlad said:

Why do you say I am a remainer?

 

I highlighted one of many area of major concern. The rest is in your imagination but you can answer this, what did everyone mean by taking back control if not controlling immigration? One does not have to be a racist to want to control immigration. On the other hand, it really is clear that some people want no one to immigrate to Britain even though we have seen and are seeing that many areas of professional life are suffering due to a lack of workers in all sorts of walks of life.

By the way, that wikipedia page does brexiteers no favours at all.

Link to post
On 12/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, nchuckle said:

You seem a credulous chap. For £100 I’ll sell you Tower Bridge,simply pay  into the account details I messaged you... A decent chap laying wreaths on terrorist graves is your kinda guy hey?

Credulous is believing the Daily Mail. https://skwawkbox.org/2018/08/14/there-are-no-munich-terrorists-in-hamman-chatt-cemetery/

Link to post
On 12/3/2019 at 10:56 AM, buffallobill said:

People in England prefer low taxes rather than good public services and decent pensions, I personally would rather pay a bit extra tax now

"Patriotism is paying your taxes"..."Taxes buy civilisation"

  • Like 1
Link to post
23 hours ago, saengd said:

Good luck with that, if you want to stamp that out then you'll have to stamp out the wealth creators also, you know, the people who create jobs!

 

Everything I've ever read about Corbyns spending plans tells me he's detached from reality, he has no realistic way to pay for even one tenth of what he plans. Remember when Labour were ousted and the Cons. took over last time, the Cons guy at the Treasury read the note that was left for him by his Labour predecessor, "sorry, there's no money, we spent it all", that's just a fraction of what a Corbyn gov. would be like. And most thinking people understand that it was the catastrophic financial actions of Labour in that government that made the ensuing austerity program necessary, don't blames that on the Cons., they just cleaned up the mess that was left for them.

Maybe you'd like to read this as well - "On average Conservative budget deficits are twice the size of Labour's"

 

http://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/conservative-budget-deficits-on-average-theyre-twice-the-size-of-labours

  • Like 2
Link to post

Anyway, to get back to the original post about the frozen pensions ambiguity- I wrote to the Labour Party and here is their official response.

 

"The Labour Party believe that overseas pensions should be partially uprated to bring parity to all pensioners overseas and end this anomaly. We want to see frozen pensions begin to track inflation from their current baseline."

  • Like 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, ianh68 said:

Anyway, to get back to the original post about the frozen pensions ambiguity- I wrote to the Labour Party and here is their official response.

 

"The Labour Party believe that overseas pensions should be partially uprated to bring parity to all pensioners overseas and end this anomaly. We want to see frozen pensions begin to track inflation from their current baseline."

If this ever sees the light of day then the obvious course of action would be to return to the UK, claim the full pension and then leave again.

Link to post
On 12/3/2019 at 10:10 AM, ianh68 said:

It is worth remembering that the Labour Manifesto is not just the product of Jeremy Corbyn's brain - it is a distillation of policy democratically decided at Labour Party conference.

Assuming Corbyn has a brain, that is. Perhaps he's borrowed Abbott's and/or McDonnell's. 

Link to post
5 hours ago, sandyf said:

If this ever sees the light of day then the obvious course of action would be to return to the UK, claim the full pension and then leave again.

Would it not be possible to go for example the Philipines claim full pension and leave

Link to post
15 hours ago, todlad said:

Toadlad!

 

I don't know many civil services but I know the UK service. Many ministers, many people will tell you that large parts of our civil service are not fit for purpose. Ally to that the massive interference by ministers and others who simply do not know when to stop interfering and you have a recipe for disaster.

 

Brexit, sorry to bring it up, has the mantra, take back control of our borders: I think many brexiteers believe that the EU is at fault for the disaster of UK immigration policy and that once the UK leaves the EU, all immigrants will be controlled or will melt away. How many illegal immigrants are there in the UK today? As far as I know, the estimate ranges from 0.5 to 1.2 million. Why do we not know how many there are? Why are the illegals who should be deported not being deported? Good questions.

 

How about HMRC, tax and customs? Fit for purpose or a sink hole? When someone owes tax, do they have to pay? Or are some of us allowed to negotiate vast amounts away? One rule for all? Efficiency of staff? 

 

Social welfare payments are a nightmare for many, especially since they reformed it recently and consequently have wreaked havoc for many. Anyone who is in any way disabled and has to go through the PIP system will tell you how long it takes, how demeaning it is, how uncertain possible outcomes are.

 

Overall, it is not that the civil servants don't follow legislation so much as they cannot: legislation in some areas changes too much; in others, the legislation is not clear and in other cases, the staff are badly recruited or mollycoddled so much that the actual number of people at and fit for work is way below the establishment.

from my dealings with local council they seem to be staffed by dossers who feel hard done by,just renewed my parking permit,they screwed it up,got a ticket and it took over an hour face to face to sort it,unfit for purpose.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...