Notarising a document

ianh68

I just shelled out 2200 baht to notarise a document at a place in the Trendy building. The firm I was aiming to visit had closed down. I'm sure they were cheaper when I visited them last time. Can anyone recommend a reliable reasonably priced notary?

23 minutes ago, ianh68 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I have wasted my money. Any ideas how to deal with a requirement of a solicitor in the UK for a notarised document showing proof of my identity and address in Thailand?

People have reported using local notary stamps in UK without issues.  I know US Embassy provides real Notary for Americans which we complain about costing too much (about 1,600 baht).  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:04 PM, lopburi3 said:

Thailand is not part of the Notary system so any obtained here outside of home country Consulates may not be accepted outside of Thailand so best to be sure.

This is what wiki states:

While there are no notaries public in Thailand, some lawyers are given the authority to function as Notarial Services Attorney in the country. ... A Thai lawyer is required to undergo and pass a professional training course for the service before he is registered as a Notarial Services Attorney.

So the service is available

I can recommend a Law Company. However a Law Company in Pattaya