I so fed up with stupid dangerous drivers

Bournville

Yeh. This is nothing new. Just a rant. But for gosh sakes...

I'm on a motorbike.. Slowing down.. 4 lane road... That basically ends in 200 meters at the beach... Or turn left onto a soi.... There is only me.. And a truck behind me... I signal right.. Because I'm going to park straight ahead. What does moron do? Overtakes me.. On my right... And then turns left...a few meters in front of me! ! What a idiot! The lane to my right... His turning lane... Is empty... No cars moving or parked! 

Come on drivers! Think for gosh sakes. Think! I'm so fed up with the drivers here. Absolutely awful. 

Carry on... But be careful out there... Its a jungle. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cranki said:

Sounds like you should walk instead....that happens ever millisecond here.....sheesh.

It sounds?... a great text to voice application you must have there. 

Anyway, No, he shouldn't walk !!! haven't you been following the pedestrian crossing threads recently ???

It seems as though the Op narrowly avoided an accident caused by an impatient idiot, he's right to remind himself and the rest of us be extra cautious.

unfortunately too many thai road users think of themselves only and dont think about other road users, this is one of  the biggest problems in Thailand, they have no road sense at all, do not know the road rules or just ignore them to suit what they want to do. You take your life in your hands when you use the roads here, they go straight through stop signs at speed, same with red lights, no indicators, they just pull out without looking or caring and to turn left or right they go out wide on the road to do so, even cutting into the other side of the road, many drive like they are brain dead

Thais appear to have very little spatial awareness. It doesn't matter if they are driving any vehicle, or on foot. I blame their poor road skills on the driving instructors, and a system that allows the more affluent to bribe their way to a licence.

Constant threat awareness is required to drive in Thailand.

Yes to drive here require 7 or 8 eyes all around the head

even if you are very careful, you need to be aware at every milisecond

there is often a moron out of nowhere and at high speed, busy on his phone

i drive a lot in Pattaya and i manage to avoid at least 2 or 3 accidents everyday.

I'm currently enjoying the seemingly increasing number of people either using their highbeams inner city or misaligned/way too bright headlights that are just as annoying.

Nevermind the people who don't even turn on their lights and can't take the hint of a highbeam flash/light off and on that that may have forgotten something.

9 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

I'm currently enjoying the seemingly increasing number of people either using their highbeams inner city or misaligned/way too bright headlights that are just as annoying.

Nevermind the people who don't even turn on their lights and can't take the hint of a highbeam flash/light off and on that that may have forgotten something.

It’s more to do with the 5 adults and 3 kids sitting in the back seat lowering the back of the vehicle hence the headlamps are now at a different angle and blinding you, no amount of flashing your lights will fix it. If it’s Ute it’s probably due to the fact that there is about 2500kgs sitting in the back tray weighing down the back especially when the vehicle is only designed to carry 750kgs.

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Thais appear to have very little spatial awareness. It doesn't matter if they are driving any vehicle, or on foot. I blame their poor road skills on the driving instructors, and a system that allows the more affluent to bribe their way to a licence.

Constant threat awareness is required to drive in Thailand.

Driving instructors? Driving test? Driving test in Thailand involves 3 simple manoevers on a test track. End of. No real test of driving skills. Whilst I was waiting to take my test, was offered a driving licence for 2k baht by a member of staff. Probably less for a Thai.

35 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Sorry about my mistake... The lane to my left was empty.. The lane that the truck should have taken to turn.. Left! What are the reasons for driving like this? I would like to know. This and the meaning of life 555

"What are the reasons for driving like this?"......

Probably a new secret govt plan aimed at supplementing all the new visa and health insurance laws to drive farang out of the country be it alive or dead. 

Don't watch the morning Thai TV news...there are people just like you spattered all over the roads everyday...consider yourself fortunate to live to tell your story.

The truck would not have even slowed down if it caused an accident...hit and run is the Thai way...on the highway.   ????

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It sounds?... a great text to voice application you must have there. 

Anyway, No, he shouldn't walk !!! haven't you been following the pedestrian crossing threads recently ???

It seems as though the Op narrowly avoided an accident caused by an impatient idiot, he's right to remind himself and the rest of us be extra cautious.

It is better to express your frustration here than to chase one down and beat him with a baseball bat.

Have had plenty of similar situations and gone off my dial, response is idiotic smile with mouth half open and little dribble.

On occasion have heard a sorry. By passers gave me thumbs up, only to do the same retarded thing 100 meters down the road to someone else.

I also love those who indicate left but turn right, these morons do not actually know which way is left and which way is right. Then of course those who swerve to the far left to wait to turn right

It is dangerous, but be patient.

I ended up at the police station after being run off the road on my m/b by a speeding driver.

Caught up to him at a red light verbal confrontation started.  He got out and grabbed my arm.  I C clamped his neck against his car and was about to punch his lights out and a cop drove up.  He ordered both of us to the police station.

Long story short, lucky for me the cop had witnessed the incident and this guy's speeding and erratic driving. He warned both of us and we left.

I did learn a lesson don't think it is smart to confront these crazy drivers.

Try to go with the flow, be very observant, and do not let it ruin your day.

Same, same probably all around the world. Certainly is quite similar in my home country.

I've driven thousands of km in Thailand and only recall one incident of an oncoming vehicle turning in front of me without a care.

We live in a selfish "me first" world.

4 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

Thai drivers are actually getting worse. One of us shd start a Youtube channel called 'Drive like Farang' to educate these idiots!

Yes, of course. All they need is one more farang to tell them how to do things. Do they stink at driving? Yes! Absolutely! But telling them to drive like a farang will go over about as well as a Thai moving to the US and opening a Rat Burger stand in Denver. 

Archived