BANGKOK
webfact

Democrats set the stage for Trump's impeachment with key hearing

4 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Actually they have first hand information in the partial transcripts released by the Trump White House and also the NSC officer that was on the call with him, testified in front of Congress already......

It really doesn't matter one way or another. The senate republicans won't convict. Absolutely not one single member of the senate has changed their minds. I think also in the house not a single member has changed their mind. There is absolutely no bipartisan support for this.

If anything the case against impeachment has strengthened in the house. I would be surprised if they gain a single republican and would bet the two dems that voted against this in the first place remain the same.

It's funny watching the dems and their supporters remain in complete denial that this is going nowhere. The more they try the more they are hurting themselves. Let's see if they vote for it to go to the senate it's political suicide for dems in red states. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

anything the case against impeachment has strengthened in the house. I would be surprised if they gain a single republican and would bet the two dems that voted against this in the first place remain the same.

Clinton got 2.87 million more popular vote in 2016 and that's still where it stands today with just over 50% wanting Trump to be impeached and removed.  IMHO, the house will impeach Trump on a totally partisan basis because none of the republicans will join the Dems as it won't be necessary and neither the GOP or the Dems want to  get cattywompus with their colleagues and constituents.  Knowing full well that the Senate will not convict him they should, and could, also censure him which would also only be partisan.  I was once a republican and my uncle was even a four term Senator from 1947 to 1970, now I'm a member of the Farang Party with the biggest worry being my yearly extension.

Edited by wayned
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of a bad musical...the music just keep going on and on...even though people have tuned them out long ago...

HOUSE REPUBLICAN REPORT OF EVIDENCE IN THE DEMOCRATS’ IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

https://republicans-oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-12-02-Report-of-Evidence-in-the-Democrats-Impeachment-Inquiry-in-the-House-of-Representatives.pdf

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the White House informed Democrats that Trump and his lawyers would not participate in Wednesday's hearing, citing a lack of "fundamental fairness."

I expect, as Trump previously threatened, that Trump will sue the House just prior to its impeachment vote for unconstitutional lack of due process of law, abuse of congressional power, etc.

The idea is to request a restraining court order on the vote until a lower court decision sometime after Christmas; then losing a favorable court decision, make an appeal to the Circuit court judge; then losing request a full court of appeals vote; then losing appeal to the Supreme Court. The hope would be to delay a House impeachment vote until after the next election, if not much later.

The downside is that the lower and appeals courts issue rulings against Trump within 1 month and the Supreme Court refuses to accept Trump's case, defaulting to the lower court decision against Trump.

In the long run there is the possibility the Democrats gain control of the Senate in the next election while retaining control of the house, giving Democrat majority to convict Trump. Double jeopardy and statue of limitations will not apply as the impeachment process is political and not criminal.

20 minutes ago, JDGRUEN said:

HOUSE REPUBLICAN REPORT OF EVIDENCE IN THE DEMOCRATS’ IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

https://republicans-oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-12-02-Report-of-Evidence-in-the-Democrats-Impeachment-Inquiry-in-the-House-of-Representatives.pdf

Are these the same Republicans who believe that it was the Ukraine that hacked into the Democratic party's servers?

• Haha 2

Donald has no defense he will be impeached the spineless republicans won’t convict but that beeing said many of us hear trump and his todys repeating russan disinformation all this because trump is desperate to slander a rival he is toast not all Americans are marks we rember common 2020 !!!

My question is who in Thai Visa continues to offer all of this very heavily slanted Deep State and Liberal Democrat B.S. and why is it so one sided? 

I predict when the folks at Thai Visa are exposed to the real truth, they will be embarrassed for some time.   

And, the truth is being revealed to the public very soon....like about 6 -10 days from now.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1