BANGKOK
webfact

Democrats set the stage for Trump's impeachment with key hearing

Off-topic posts and replies removed.  

17 minutes ago, riclag said:

He's out makin money for America by flyin over to london,billions of  dollars.  Forcing nato countries to pay their fair share, while the despicable dems are trying to impede his agenda,  with this hoax!

That may be so.

At any rate, I can understand why he declines to participate.

Mr Trump participating would add legit. to the process.

Guess he is better off without assisting in white washing/cleaning the process.

47 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

That may be so.

At any rate, I can understand why he declines to participate.

Mr Trump participating would add legit. to the process.

Guess he is better off without assisting in white washing/cleaning the process.

He is the first president in history under the impeachment process that has totally stonewalled. He's acting as if he is a dictator or King. The U.S. constitution is based on COEQUAL powers. This (and any) impeachment is completely legitimate as it's a supported constitutional power of congress. The branch that is NOT LEGITIMATE in this process is the presidency. Their total refusal to participate is actually an extremely serious impeachable offense. He took an oath to protect the CONSTITUTIONAL and instead he is trashing it. This is the bigger picture here that ALL Americans should get. Do we want a dictator/King presidency or not? If republicans hold up the dictator/King radically transformed presidency, be careful what you wish for because they might not like a future one. 

Here is the intelligence committee report, just out now:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/03/politics/trump-impeachment-report-doc/index.html

Edited by Jingthing

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He is the first president in history under the impeachment process that has totally stonewalled. He's acting as if he is a dictator or King. The U.S. constitution is based on COEQUAL powers. This (and any) impeachment is completely legitimate as it's a supported constitutional power of congress. The branch that is NOT LEGITIMATE in this process is the presidency. This is the bigger picture here that ALL Americans should get. Do we want a dictator/King presidency or not? If republicans hold up the dictator/King radically transformed presidency, be careful what you wish for because they might not like a future one. 

Here is the intelligence committee report, just out now:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/03/politics/trump-impeachment-report-doc/index.html

I gather that my use of of the term legit. was maybe understood differently from how it was intended

ain't easy not being a native Engish chatter - limited command of a lingo has its downsides

accept agree would probably have been closer than legit.

at any rate, as we say in Yorkshire,

as it is the POTUS is not far away from King as it is -

the guys on the hill do not have much impact on the running of God's own ..

tricky piece of land to run that USA

by the way

your int com report that you link to is now all over the world as HOT NEWS stuff

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I gather that my use of of the term legit. was maybe understood differently from how it was intended

ain't easy not being a native Engish chatter - limited command of a lingo has its downsides

accept agree would probably have been closer than legit.

at any rate, as we say in Yorkshire,

as it is the POTUS is not far away from King as it is -

the guys on the hill do not have much impact on the running of God's own ..

tricky piece of land to run that USA

by the way

your int com report that you link to is now all over the world as HOT NEWS stuff

The U.S. presidency has been on a modern trend towards an imperial presidency for a long time already, but this latest example is a model for an elected TOTAL DICTATOR that is completely above the law and possibility of accountability by congress. That is not OK. 

1 hour ago, riclag said:

He's out makin money for America by flyin over to london,billions of  dollars.  Forcing nato countries to pay their fair share, while the despicable dems are trying to impede his agenda,  with this hoax!

Lol! Making which money? When other NATO countries spend more money for their army, they don't give it to the USA, right?

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The U.S. presidency has been on a modern trend towards an imperial presidency for a long time already, but this latest example is a model for an elected TOTAL DICTATOR that is completely above the law and possibility of accountability by congress. That is not OK. 

"That is not OK." You say, OK, changes must be made to the US of A running rules to avoid that.

Having said that, enlightened oneman-rule exercised by some kings and in some countries in

Europe in the medieval ages proved to be just incredible stable ways to run countries.

(democracy and parliamentarism are fairly new and modern flings)

Since the US is very old fashioned (in my view) maybe big king/oneman rule is suitable.

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

"That is not OK." You say, OK, changes must be made to the US of A running rules to avoid that.

Having said that, enlightened oneman-rule exercised by some kings and in some countries in

Europe in the medieval ages proved to be just incredible stable ways to run countries.

(democracy and parliamentarism are fairly new and modern flings)

Since the US is very old fashioned (in my view) maybe big king/oneman rule is suitable.

Stable for whom? 

"From the 1500s onward, till around the year 1800, life expectancy throughout Europe hovered between 30 and 40 years of age. "

I guess it does not get any more stable than being dead, LOL

https://www.verywellhealth.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Stable for whom? 

"From the 1500s onward, till around the year 1800, life expectancy throughout Europe hovered between 30 and 40 years of age. "

I guess it does not get any more stable than being dead, LOL

https://www.verywellhealth.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054

stable ruling - stable states - state management largely accepted by both plebs and upper classes

no fights for the "throne"

when it comes to history I'd suggest scholarly publications rather than wiks

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

stable ruling - stable states - state management largely accepted by both plebs and upper classes

no fights for the "throne"

when it comes to history I'd suggest scholarly publications rather than wiks

Stability is definitely in Trumps bottom three goals, outranking only truthfulness and openness. 

Edited by gamb00ler