Kind Thai "woman" ends up stealing from handicapped German tourist

webfact

Kind Thai "woman" ends up stealing from handicapped German tourist

3pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

A German tourist on crutches was very grateful of help from a Thai who offered to assist him as he walked along Central Pattaya road near the beach this morning. 

He said a hearty thanks and the two went their separate ways. 

However, when it came time to pay the bill at a restaurant Arno S., 55, realised he had been robbed. 

Three thousand baht in Thai money had been lifted from his pocket and he thought it must have been the person who came to his aid. 

The victim - who needs two crutches in order to walk due to problems with his weak legs - told Pol Lt Chollawit Athphansee of the Pattaya police that the person who accosted him was "dressed as a woman". 

She came up and offered to help him and gave him a hug. He was really glad of her assistance, he said, believing her to be a kind lady. 

The story that unfolded around 1.30 am this morning was reported by Siam Chon News on Facebook. 

The word "ladyboy" was not mentioned in their story. 

The police lieutenant was at the scene of the crime hoping that CCTV would help solve the case. 

Source: Siam Chon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-03

What is a tourist on crutches doing out at 1.30am in the morning, looking for something to eat, hence the reason he said when he went to pay, his money was missing, hmmm, I don't buy his story !!!

Let's not all jump on the bandwagon and paint Thai's with that tained brush because this guy gives us his baloney story, regardless if we all think it was a LadyBoy, which could stoop so low ?

Once the CCTV footage comes in, perhaps we will see he made it up, just to get a free meal, that or I will end up with egg on my face. 

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

What is a tourist on crutches doing out at 1.30am in the morning, looking for something to eat, hence the reason he said when he went to pay, his money was missing, hmmm, I don't buy his story !!!

Let's not all jump on the bandwagon and paint Thai's with that tained brush because this guy gives us his baloney story, regardless if we all think it was a LadyBoy, which could stoop so low ?

Once the CCTV footage comes in, perhaps we will see he made it up, just to get a free meal, that or I will end up with egg on my face. 

Let us hope it is just egg you end up with on your face.

This thread is turning into ....Bash the disabled man, stop it, not funny.

In his situation, he should not have been out and about at 1 in the morning, just looking to be robbed.

99% of Thai people are always ready to help the disabled, sadly a few see the disabled as easy targets.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

She came up and offered to help him and gave him a hug. He was really glad of her assistance, he said, believing her to be a kind lady.

If you belive that in combination with Pattaya and Beach/Beach Road. Yeah, then you can´t have been here long.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

looking for something to eat, hence the reason he said when he went to pay, his money was missing, hmmm, I don't buy his story !!!

Unless he agreed to do the washing up, I am surprised he had to walk to the station rather than be arrested at the restaurant in that case

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

But did she look like a woman,stealing from a handicapped person,

that's about as low as you can get.

regards Worgeordie

I'm sure it can get lower... let the recession kick-in a bit harder and see.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Three thousand baht in Thai money had been lifted from his pocket and he thought it must have been the person who came to his aid. 

'Thought' being the operative word.  If the money was so easily lifted - and no mention of a wallet being lifted - then it could have easily have fallen out of his pocket.  I'll defer judgement on this occasion, which seems fair. 

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

But did she look like a woman,stealing from a handicapped person,

that's about as low as you can get.

regards Worgeordie

Would've been lower had the thief stole the crutches .......

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim - who needs two crutches in order to walk due to problems with his weak legs

Have to say, his legs do not look "weak" or atrophied to me in the photo. 

Medical diagnosis needs to be displayed for me to believe this.

Keep money in front pocket and you will always know if a hand is reaching in.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

person who accosted him was "dressed as a woman". 

Wow - with that description am sure police will find the culprit

On 12/3/2019 at 4:41 AM, colinneil said:

This thread is turning into ....Bash the disabled man, stop it, not funny.

In his situation, he should not have been out and about at 1 in the morning, just looking to be robbed.

99% of Thai people are always ready to help the disabled, sadly a few see the disabled as easy targets.

@colinneil  I take and appreciate your point, being aware of your situation. (Respect)

However, it's more like "Bash the naive idiot" whether he was disabled or not.

Pattaya, early hours of the morning, requires one to have their wits about them - even being a little drunk can result in a similar incident if care isn't taken.

Archived