amount in account after emergency operation

I currently have 500000 THB in my account for way more than required time.
In Jan 2020 I plan to convert my retirement visa to a marriage visa.

However, I now require the insertion of a cardiac stent and I may not be able to wait until Jan.

If I get it sooner I will go under the required 400000 THB required.

Do you think that immigration might cut me some slack given the circumstances?

I assume you mean the 400k baht for 2 months needed to apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

I don't think they would be lenient for the 400k baht due to a medical emergency.

When does your current extension end?

If you were able to get you account back to 400k baht you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to have the  required 2 months again.

• Like 1

In worst case just travel and obtain a new 90 day visa entry (or multi entry for a year from Savannakhet/HCMC) until you have funds for extension again.  Stent is normally only an overnight in ICU and free to go and feel fine so should not prevent travel and if seriously need soon best to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

this is the situation I have been discussing with friends since the requirement began.  what is the money required to be held in bank for if not these types of emergencies?  where is the harm to Thailand if he drops below and then brings it back up prior to new app. for extension???? or even if can't bring it up then deal with it then.

Guess we just aren't getting the hint(s), are we.

The 400k is to show you can afford about 40k per month in normal daily living expenses (you have the option to show income of 40k per month with nothing in bank) for the 12 month extension of stay.  It was never intended to be emergency funds and is only required to be in account for 2-3 month extension of stay approval process.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

In worst case just travel and obtain a new 90 day visa entry (or multi entry for a year from Savannakhet/HCMC) until you have funds for extension again.  Stent is normally only an overnight in ICU and free to go and feel fine so should not prevent travel and if seriously need soon best to do.

No it is not free to go. When people got cardiac infarction and get a stent. They must be in hospital under observations around 3 more days

13 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

this is the situation I have been discussing with friends since the requirement began.  what is the money required to be held in bank for if not these types of emergencies?  where is the harm to Thailand if he drops below and then brings it back up prior to new app. for extension???? or even if can't bring it up then deal with it then.

There are many theories as to why we have to keep a minimum balance. I don't think anyone knows for sure. I once suggested that medical savings accounts would be a good idea. Someone answered that this was considered but then rejected (they thought the thai insurance companies were against it). In any case, whatever the purpose you can't go below the minimum amount without jeopardizing your next permission to stay application. If you are going to self insure for medical or other emergencies that you better have additional money in your bank account. The OP has an additional 100,000 baht that is, obviously, not enough.

16 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

No it is not free to go. When people got cardiac infarction and get a stent. They must be in hospital under observations around 3 more days

He does not appear to be talking about a cardiac infarction (heart attack) but getting a PCI (angioplasty with stent).  This should not require more than an overnight ICU stay and have done it.

When people get small cardinal infarction they go to angiografi. If angiography is negative that's mean no treatment. When it is positive and we can see some tromb ( blood not go free because tromb buildning). Then PCI is done. That mean man have pain in chest before, went to see a doctor, got small infarction and got stent.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Or force them to get medical insurance to cover such eventualities.

You're being silly now. The cash cow profit centered  400k/40k plans being forced on OA people don't go very far at all for many emergencies. Also better plans that do are not accepted for visa purposes. Basically an insane situation. Also many people have plans where they need to front the cash regardless. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

You're being silly now. The cash cow profit centered  400k/40k plans being forced on OA people don't go very far at all for many emergencies. Also better plans that do are not accepted for visa purposes. Basically an insane situation. Also many people have plans where they need to front the cash regardless. 

More pedantic actually. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Or get a non-O with extensions and insurance to meet your needs

Me think that if you have the time get your bankbook and the rest of your documents and pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood immigration office and tell them your prediments, show them your evidence and see what they say, that you you cover yourself from being accused of not informing them ahead of time...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or force them to get medical insurance to cover such eventualities.

And then be refused by the ins. co. as it was a pre-existing condition.

Because, obviously the impediment to blood flow began and existed prior to your getting our ins. coverage.  Seems a likely outcome considering the folks we are dealing with (if you know what I mean)

OP: Have you ever talked to a visa agent? I have met a couple here in Bkk who will do a tourist visa to non-imm O with no need to show any money (except pay them, of course, around 15k).

I know your visa situation is different but the principle remains, that an agent can grease the wheels re money requirements.

1 hour ago, IraqRon said:

The money is NOT intended for use in emergencies and there will not be any special consideration given because of one. People are expected to ensure they can pay their medical costs without recourse to the required fund balance (in case of retirement extension using lump sum method) 

Obviously first priority is OP's health but if he is not able to show the required amount in the bank he may have to leave and re enter and restart process.

As it sounds like he was previously on extension for retirement, if that was done using lump sum method then in addition to issues on meeting marriage requirement there could be issues on having failed to keep the required balance for the retirement extension already granted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The money is NOT intended for use in emergencies and there will not be any special consideration given because of one. People are expected to ensure they can pay their medical costs without recourse to the required fund balance (in case of retirement extension using lump sum method) 

Obviously first priority is OP's health but if he is not able to show the required amount in the bank he may have to leave and re enter and restart process.

As it sounds like he was previously on extension for retirement, if that was done using lump sum method then in addition to issues on meeting marriage requirement there could be issues on having failed to keep the required balance for the retirement extension already granted.

What issuers? He can go to Vietnam and when he got a money return to Thailand. I meanwhile he enjoy good food, cheap pussy, nice nature,.....