Jump to content
BANGKOK
Spike1938

amount in account after emergency operation

Recommended Posts

I currently have 500000 THB in my account for way more than required time.
In Jan 2020 I plan to convert my retirement visa to a marriage visa.

However, I now require the insertion of a cardiac stent and I may not be able to wait until Jan.

If I get it sooner I will go under the required 400000 THB required.

Do you think that immigration might cut me some slack given the circumstances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not known for bending the rules without incentive. 

Which office do you come under?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume you mean the 400k baht for 2 months needed to apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage.

I don't think they would be lenient for the 400k baht due to a medical emergency.

When does your current extension end?

If you were able to get you account back to 400k baht you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to have the  required 2 months again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have medical insurance? I'd feel a lot more comfortable approaching them if I had insurance and this was an emergency and you just had a cash flow problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In worst case just travel and obtain a new 90 day visa entry (or multi entry for a year from Savannakhet/HCMC) until you have funds for extension again.  Stent is normally only an overnight in ICU and free to go and feel fine so should not prevent travel and if seriously need soon best to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

this is the situation I have been discussing with friends since the requirement began.  what is the money required to be held in bank for if not these types of emergencies?  where is the harm to Thailand if he drops below and then brings it back up prior to new app. for extension???? or even if can't bring it up then deal with it then.

 

Guess we just aren't getting the hint(s), are we.

The 400k is to show you can afford about 40k per month in normal daily living expenses (you have the option to show income of 40k per month with nothing in bank) for the 12 month extension of stay.  It was never intended to be emergency funds and is only required to be in account for 2-3 month extension of stay approval process.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

In worst case just travel and obtain a new 90 day visa entry (or multi entry for a year from Savannakhet/HCMC) until you have funds for extension again.  Stent is normally only an overnight in ICU and free to go and feel fine so should not prevent travel and if seriously need soon best to do.

No it is not free to go. When people got cardiac infarction and get a stent. They must be in hospital under observations around 3 more days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

this is the situation I have been discussing with friends since the requirement began.  what is the money required to be held in bank for if not these types of emergencies?  where is the harm to Thailand if he drops below and then brings it back up prior to new app. for extension???? or even if can't bring it up then deal with it then.

 

Guess we just aren't getting the hint(s), are we.

There are many theories as to why we have to keep a minimum balance. I don't think anyone knows for sure. I once suggested that medical savings accounts would be a good idea. Someone answered that this was considered but then rejected (they thought the thai insurance companies were against it). In any case, whatever the purpose you can't go below the minimum amount without jeopardizing your next permission to stay application. If you are going to self insure for medical or other emergencies that you better have additional money in your bank account. The OP has an additional 100,000 baht that is, obviously, not enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

No it is not free to go. When people got cardiac infarction and get a stent. They must be in hospital under observations around 3 more days

He does not appear to be talking about a cardiac infarction (heart attack) but getting a PCI (angioplasty with stent).  This should not require more than an overnight ICU stay and have done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spike1938 said:

Do you think that immigration might cut me some slack given the circumstances?

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people get small cardinal infarction they go to angiografi. If angiography is negative that's mean no treatment. When it is positive and we can see some tromb ( blood not go free because tromb buildning). Then PCI is done. That mean man have pain in chest before, went to see a doctor, got small infarction and got stent.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jingthing said:

This is the kind of unreasonable and inhumane enforcement policies that are prompted so many people to consider leaving Thailand. Of course they SHOULD make exceptions for such provable medical emergencies. But it's well understood that they won't. Incredibly harsh. 

Or force them to get medical insurance to cover such eventualities.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...