Vietjet to offer daily Pattaya-Saigon flights

Kaoboi Bebobp

The once-a-day flights begin Dec. 23 running between U-Tapao and Saigon. They're up on the VJ schedule now. 

On the occasion, the carrier offered 100,000 tickets priced at 0 VND, exclusive of tax and fees, from 12-14pm during December 2-5.

http://dtinews.vn/en/news/017004/65367/vietjet-air-to-open-ho-chi-minh-city---pattaya-route.html

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good prices and flight times too! 3,346B return for the selected dates.

Departure Flight:

Utapao    To: Ho Chi Minh
Departure Date: 11:25
Fare: 140.00 THB
Charge: 1,077.00 THB
Tax: 0.00 THB
Total: 1,217.00 THB

Return Flight

Return Date: 13:25
Fare: 755.00 THB
Charge: 1,374.00 THB
Tax: 0.00 THB
Total: 2,129.00 THB

Grand Total: 3,346.00 THB

9 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Old folks like me still call it Saigon and SGN is still the three-letter airport code. Don't call it Ho Chi Minh among the Viets in North America. 

Viet in Sia Gon call it Sia Gon

18 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Old folks like me still call it Saigon and SGN is still the three-letter airport code. Don't call it Ho Chi Minh among the Viets in North America. 

What you call it, is not at all important. There is no city with the name Saigon anymore. They have flights to Ho Chi Minh City, though.

Regarding the code, that´s just a three-letter code as you say, and is just something identifying the airport on an international level.

Why would you not call a city by it´s real name, just because you are, or are among, veterans in North America? USA has no reason nor any authority to engage in a war with Vietnam anyway.

50 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That´s impossible. There is no city with the name of Saigon.

The Vietnamese dweller in HCMC may beg to differ.

"The former name Saigon is still widely used by many Vietnamese, especially in informal contexts. Generally, the term Saigon refers only to the urban districts of Ho Chi Minh City."

Do your own wiki.

22 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What you call it, is not at all important. There is no city with the name Saigon anymore. They have flights to Ho Chi Minh City, though.

Regarding the code, that´s just a three-letter code as you say, and is just something identifying the airport on an international level.

Why would you not call a city by it´s real name, just because you are, or are among, veterans in North America? USA has no reason nor any authority to engage in a war with Vietnam anyway.

I call it Saigon on my frequent business trips there because 99.9% of regional taxi and minivan services call it exactly that. Even they can appreciate the linguistic economies of two syllables over five.

Can you spare us your opinions on the American War? Thanks.

18 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The Vietnamese dweller in HCMC may beg to differ.

"The former name Saigon is still widely used by many Vietnamese, especially in informal contexts. Generally, the term Saigon refers only to the urban districts of Ho Chi Minh City."

Do your own wiki.

No need for any Wiki. If you would have done the same, you would know there are 19 urban districts and 5 rural district that binds together the Ho Chi Minh City. Out of the reason Saigon is one of the districts it can no longer be the city name. It was Saigon up until 1976, when it was lawfully changed to Ho Chi Minh City. 

If it´s still widely used has no point. The only point that makes is that people do not keep up with the changes, which is extremely common and visible in this forum.

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I call it Saigon on my frequent business trips there because 99.9% of regional taxi and minivan services call it exactly that. Even they can appreciate the linguistic economies of two syllables over five.

Can you spare us your opinions on the American War? Thanks.

The reason why they call it Saigon, is because they are using the name of the district you, probably, usually reside in on your business trips. That due to it´s the place where you find the old part of Ho Chi Minh City and most of the entertainment.

Regarding the spare thing. Well, I guess that´s a little late now. Isn´t it?

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Patts-Saigon right ? now what could this mean ?....the resident blokes flying away from Patts to monger in Ho-Chi-M-Ville, with cheaper booze and hotties ?

Whoopee. No more ferry rides to dull HH.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

The only point that makes is that people do not keep up with the changes, which is extremely common and visible in this forum.

Pedants are also very common on TV but you have excelled with your replies on this thread. Obviously you seem to care but I doubt any other readers do.......:coffee1:

There are also such things as freedom of choice and freedom of speech. If someone wants to call Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon, they are free to do so. They could call it Timbuktu if they wanted, and, again, that is their right.  They don't need censorship by the PC Brigade.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

everyone calls Myanmar, Burma go figure, don't lose sleep over it.

is that a new war, or are you digging up a relic from 50 years ago

Although ironically, B-52s did set off from the same airport during the Vietnam War to bomb North Vietnam et al,

Utapao was also frequently attacked by North Vietnamese satchel bombers and saboteurs, and after the war much of the South's air force landed en masse at U-Tapao, creating an International incident when the North demanded "their" planes back! (The Thais couldn't get rid of them fast enough, seeing which way the tide had turned....)

44 minutes ago, Chassa said:

Why don't we call Bangkok by it's proper name? 555

Good luck with that one!

You mean Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

What do you think Mr wiki guy @Matzzon ? Will the airports still retain BKK and DMK if they do?

1 minute ago, Darkside Gray said:

Sai gon is still the destination for international flights it ever changed

and if anyone wants Test it... when you are about to land at Swampy, and filling the TM6 out - you are asked about the from where (what city/airport) you have just Departed from??

- if me, I'd be writing 'Saigon'

it is what it is

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Patts-Saigon right ? now what could this mean ?....the resident blokes flying away from Patts to monger in Ho-Chi-M-Ville, with cheaper booze and hotties ?

Cheaper and greater variety of beer for sure. Hotties maybe not so much?

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Ah Matzzon spilling your bile once again! The area is called T.P. Ho Chi Minh, the various areas within this provincial area are broken up into various Districts eg District 1 is called Saigon or District 5 is called Cholon or then again we have District 7 where all of the foreigners live!

Do you always call the capital city of Italy Rome? or Roma? You sad sad person!

21 minutes ago, TPI said:

Do you always call the capital city of Italy Rome? or Roma?

And you are saying that I am a sad person? Really, when you do not even understand what you are talking about.

What you compare is different languages used when stating the name of the capitol city. Roma is italian, and Rome is english/american.

What you should do is compare Bangkok and Silom that is a district inside the capitol city Bangkok. Do you say Silom instead of Bangkok?

i am sure you understand the big mistake you just made. Let´s just forget about it. ????

2 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Sai gon is still the destination for international flights it ever changed

Nope it is not! SGN might be the code that still exists from old days, but most airlines offer flights to ho Chi Minh City. Exacly like the link in the OP mention.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

everyone calls Myanmar, Burma go figure, don't lose sleep over it.

is that a new war, or are you digging up a relic from 50 years ago

No, not the ones that ain´t still stuck in the past. Today they learn the real name Myanmar in the schools, and it also stands in newly printed maps

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No need for any Wiki. If you would have done the same, you would know there are 19 urban districts and 5 rural district that binds together the Ho Chi Minh City. Out of the reason Saigon is one of the districts it can no longer be the city name. It was Saigon up until 1976, when it was lawfully changed to Ho Chi Minh City. 

If it´s still widely used has no point. The only point that makes is that people do not keep up with the changes, which is extremely common and visible in this forum.

The reason why they call it Saigon, is because they are using the name of the district you, probably, usually reside in on your business trips. That due to it´s the place where you find the old part of Ho Chi Minh City and most of the entertainment.

Regarding the spare thing. Well, I guess that´s a little late now. Isn´t it?

Bombay. 
I’ve lived in New Amsterdam too 

New Saigon is quite catchy 

Archived