Koh Samet: Six Chinese tourists injured as speedboat goes into back of water delivery boat

webfact

Koh Samet: Six Chinese tourists injured as speedboat goes into back of water delivery boat

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager reported that six tourists were taken to hospital after a speedboat carrying a group of 11 Chinese tourists on a snorkeling trip collided with the back of another boat delivering water.

The incident happened three to four nautical miles from the island of Koh Samet. 

The tourists were on a trip from Pattaya organised by tour company Thailer Travel International. Along with a Thai guide they had hired a boat run by Sea King that was driven by 26 year old Yotsaphon. 

Pol Maj Thanathip Jitrakhanee of the Rayong tourist police was instrumental in making sure that the injured tourists got to hospital, reported Manager who seemed anxious to play down the seriousness of the incident.

5pm2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Yuan, 63, was hospitalized with a broken bone in his left shoulder. The five other tourists were treated for superficial injuries and allowed to return to Pattaya. 

Prawet Suphachai of the Region 6 Harbor Master's office said he would be investigating and talking to the speedboat driver ahead of the case being prosecuted. 

Sea King promised that all the tourists hospital bills would be paid and they would be paying compensation too.  

Thaivisa notes that the Thai authorities are particularly jumpy when it comes to water borne accidents involving the Chinese. 

This follows the Phoenix tragedy in Phuket when more than three dozen lost their lives in an incident that had a big effect on Chinese tourism to Thailand.

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-03

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the Thai authorities are particularly jumpy when it comes to water borne accidents involving the Chinese. 

Hence the reason they are out there enforcing the law, nowhere to be seen.

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pol Maj Thanathip Jitrakhanee of the Rayong tourist police was instrumental in making sure that the injured tourists got to hospital, reported Manager who seemed anxious to play down the seriousness of the incident.

No doubt he's been instructed to make out it's something minor, due to the social media frenzy that will follow.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

a speedboat carrying a group of 11 Chinese tourists on a snorkeling trip collided with the back of another boat delivering water.

This is even more wierd! And I who didn´t even understand how motorbike time after time can run into the back of a parked trailer.

Just now, Matzzon said:

This is even more wierd! And I who didn´t even understand how motorbike time after time can run into the back of a parked trailer.

40+ years ago I was walking up the street in BKK in very early evening.  Some guy on a motorbike plowed into the back of a parked car and rolled off the back of the trunk (boot).  I just kept walking as he appeared to be drunk enough to roll with the punches.  

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai guide they had hired a boat run by Sea King that was driven by 26 year old Yotsaphon

I wonder how many road traffic accidents he has had 

Roads or Water makes no difference - they drive like lunatics with no law enforcement to stop them.

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

40+ years ago I was walking up the street in BKK in very early evening.  Some guy on a motorbike plowed into the back of a parked car and rolled off the back of the trunk (boot).  I just kept walking as he appeared to be drunk enough to roll with the punches.  

I have seen several accidents like this all caused by drivers with a mobile phone stuck in their face

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

I have seen several accidents like this all caused by drivers with a mobile phone stuck in their face

... and Oh! the humanity

-  if they ever introduced Roundabouts on water 

Image result for ocean whirlpool speedbnoat 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Manager reported that six tourists were taken to hospital after a speedboat carrying a group of 11 Chinese tourists on a snorkeling trip collided with the back of another boat delivering water

Unbelievable.. but then again!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This follows the Phoenix tragedy in Phuket when more than three dozen lost their lives in an incident that had a big effect on Chinese tourism to Thailand.

47 official Chinese deaths in the Phoenix tragedy in Phuket, not about 3 dozen.. Too many major car accidents where someone has been rear ended, but two boats kilometres from land? It doesn't matter what a Thai drives. Cars, mb, minibus, buses or boats, these avoidable accidents happen too often.. TIT.. 

Boat captain: Yes sir, I keep very good look out for other boats, nothing there, then this maniac pull out from the left and not look.......

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those Chinese people and boats again.

.... the only thing to do is to protect the Tourist industry and ban Chinese tourists from using boats.... :whistling:

It might be more beneficial to ban Thais from using boats, save all tourists at sea.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:43 PM, Ron jeremy said:

It happened 3-4 miles out from the island. How the <deleted> do boats run into each other out in the middle of nowhere?

They are lonely.  Cruising for a bruise. Falling asleep at the helm, just like truck drivers. Must be genetic, like those "fainting goats".

image.png

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Was the water delivery boat submerged?

5pm2.jpg

These speedboats often "trim" the prop to lift the bow high up in the air, for a "thrill" for the passengers - but of course, like that the driver (I refuse to use the word captain since that implies some degree of competence) has no hope of seeing what's directly in front of him...

The slow boat across is definitely a safer way to go...

Archived