Customs officials destroy B1.9mn of pirate copyright goods

webfact

Customs officials destroy B1.9mn of pirate copyright goods

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1575350667_1-org.jpg

The items were destroyed at an event held at the Saphan Hin incinerator this morning (Dec 3). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Pirate copyright goods valued at B1.9 million were destroyed by Customs officials today (Dec 3) as the campaign to crack down on fake goods continues throughout the country.

The 5,696 items were destroyed at an event led by Phuket Customs official Suthatsanee Suphaphan at the Saphan Hin incinerator.

The items were either seized in raids carried out by Customs officials as well as police and relevant agencies, or seized as forbidden imports.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/customs-officials-destroy-b1-9mn-of-pirate-copyright-goods-73858.php#SdL1y9PLHFymkZAg.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-03

When I first came here in 2006 it was with the knowledge that I could buy fake name label clothes etc at very cheap prices , these days the quality is worse and the product prices are overboard even at the markets and could yet another reason for low tourist numbers .

I still have a fake Breitling watch given to me in the eighties that was bought in Bangkok for about a hundred aus dollars. I have replaced the battery about five times and the strap twice and it is still accurate to thirty seconds a month. Why do customs destroy these, just label them as replicas and everyone can make or save a dollar, half of the stuff they fake is overpriced rubbish. 

Oh dear, the same old scenario every couple of years where a few shops/stores who haven't paid their monthly dues to the BIB get raided and the stock taken.............leaving hundreds of other stores just like that and within walking distance of the ones they have just raided, to keep on selling the fake goods.

I know a guy who brings this stuff into the country, so he will be rubbing his hands because he will have a few more stores to supply, as well as paying off the customs and BIB, which he told me he does on a regular basis! 

Such a farce and the people are supposed to believe it – – yeah right! 

Archived