Will I get back into Thailand under visa exception?

The following will make it simple for you.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php

Take special note of the details adjacent to the passport stamp photo in the link.

Re..... The exemption is granted at most twice in a calendar year when entering over land or via a sea border but there is no limitation when entering by air.

I too, don't believe you will have any problem, but (1) please do not show the IO all the money, and (2) be prepared with a believable "story", (3) have a hotel booking, does not have to be prepaid, (4) exit ticket within 30 days, that too, can be obtained at little or no cost online.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 2:49 PM, Andrew567 said:

So from the replies, it doesn't seem hopeful of being able to return ????

Thanks for the advice everyone.

OP is long-gone, but for those reading this via google-search, "probably" is the best answer.

But if you want "Absolutely Can," then enter at a law-abiding land-entry point - where they follow the "Actual Written Thai Law."  At the bad entry-points, they may stamp in your passport about "not having enough money to support your stay," in order to maximize revenue from visa-agents, elite-visa sales, selling last-minute top-priced airline tickets, "rent" in aiport-detention, and/or who knows what else.  In any case, the denials certainly aren't based on actually "having enough money."

You can enter by land 2x per calendar year safely - just avoid the Poipet/Aranya and Pedang Besar entry-points, which seem to under control of the cabal.

If you MUST fly, the Chaing Mai airport is much better than the 2 in Bangkok.

If you already bought air-tickets, you can fly Vietnam to Vientiane on-return - only ditching the return ticket - and returning via the "safe" Nong Khai border station.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, Andrew567 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

I got in on 4 in a row although it was very irresponsible on my end and I will not risk it again. A letter from my girlfriend is what got me through. The female IO seemed to smile at that. Seemed like it really helped my chances at immigration. 

Do you have a friend in Thailand who can type you one up, scan their ID card and put it together for you? I carry it with me in my bag at all times as well as the papers showing her home etc. It could do nothing but in my case It definitely saved me once 

• 2 weeks later...