BANGKOK
sambum

A new era?

20 hours ago, sambum said:

Just an observation that it is a refreshing change to see 2 headline posts side by side about Thailand doing something positive about the use  of plastics.

As much as I am all for no plastic bags, we don't breath it in, so I would be extremely happen when I read a headline saying, no more burning, or life in prison, that's because the smoke season is about to begin, and I don't appreciate breathing in the smoke, yes, yes, I know I have choices, plan B & C are in place, but one can hope, but I won't hold my breath 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

They might be able to combine the two subjects, by rejecting every westerner with any plastic in their belongings ... wily Thai thinking!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

The Baht's predicted to continue strengthening well into 2020, in spite of Praytut's pleas for somebody to do something to make it stop. What new era?

That's why I put the question mark after the comment!!!

Seriously - the era of awareness? Many shop staff (as pointed out above) are now asking if you want a  bag, and thanking you when you say no. And it's not just 711 - I first noticed it months ago in nearly all pharmacies, and Tsco Lotus are now packing shopping in paper bags.

However, I think that one problem will arise when people get hit by a sudden downpour, and their paper bags disintegrate and dump their shopping over the road/pavement. (OK - before someone gets in first -  get a a canvas bag!)

1 hour ago, NightSky said:

If you had described your thread better with a more descriptive title telling us what exactly your thread is about, I.e plastic bags, then I wouldn’t have clicked on it.

So you have no concerns about the damage that plastic bags do?

And when you clicked on it, it should have been apparent what the post was about! 

Edited by sambum

I need plastic bags, but do not need to overstay. 

Simply as that. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting TOPS in Chiang Rai has shut down on plastic bags, offering cloth bags at 19 baht instead. Whereas Rimping in Chiang Mai has Wednesday as plastic bag-free, open slather every other day.