Diabetes and THC/CBD?

Monomial

There is a lot of really good research starting to come out on the beneficial effects of marajuana and on how using marajuana to correct an endocannaboid imbalance can dramatically help with diabetes, weight loss and insulin resistance.   The anaecdotal reports of thousands of diabetic patients who have started using marajuana are extremely intriguing. Far from giving you the munchies and exacerbating the condition, it seems to have the opposite effect. It seems both THC and CBD are required to see a significant improvement.

Is there any possibility that someone with diabetes in Thailand could legally obtain cannibis? Has anyone ever succesfully done this, and where would you be required to go in order to apply?

I have had type 2 diabetes for around 20 years, been on a keto diet now for a few months and my blood sugar is virtually back to normal and I no longer have to take any medication, also dropped 15kg and feel a heap better than I have for years, why even bother looking at doing suspect methods. Also lowered my blood pressure and cholesterol levels, for me its the only way to go

Is there any possibility that someone with diabetes in Thailand could legally obtain cannibis?

Short answer: no

Legal indication for THC/CBD products are:

1. chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
2. Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, Dravet syndrome
3. Multiple sclerosis with severe muscle spasticity
4. Intractable pain with failed standard medical treatment (including standard opioids)

38 minutes ago, PPMMUU said:

Is there any possibility that someone with diabetes in Thailand could legally obtain cannibis?

Short answer: no

Legal indication for THC/CBD products are:

1. chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
2. Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, Dravet syndrome
3. Multiple sclerosis with severe muscle spasticity
4. Intractable pain with failed standard medical treatment (including standard opioids)

I beleive also epilepsy and Parkinsons

Actually the law itself does not AFAIK specify the conditions for which it can be used, only that it has to be for medical purposes and prescribed by a licensed doctor or TM practitioner.  These are required (by MoPH regulation not necessarily law) to complete an MoPH course on it after which they get a 2 year license to prescribe. I have not seen that curriculum but sure it includes as indications chemo induced nausea, intractable pain, intractable epilepsy and I think also Parkinsons.

It does not include diabetes so MoPH-licensed providers are unlikely to prescribe it for this. But if they did, patient is not breaking any law.

What you want to watch out for are "medical cannabis" clinics in tourist areas which may not in fact be licensed to provide this. (They are also some of them claiming to provide THC when actually the product is CND with just trace amounts of CBD).  You could conceivably get in trouble for having it prescribed by unlicensed provider/clinic.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, seajae said:

I have had type 2 diabetes for around 20 years, been on a keto diet now for a few months and my blood sugar is virtually back to normal and I no longer have to take any medication, also dropped 15kg and feel a heap better than I have for years, why even bother looking at doing suspect methods. Also lowered my blood pressure and cholesterol levels, for me its the only way to go

But nobody's listening, they just want a pill, not a life style change. I was pre-diabetic and fortunately went Keo before I "needed' statins. As you say, everything back to normal and feeling fit.

On 12/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, Sheryl said:

I beleive also epilepsy and Parkinsons

Actually the law itself does not AFAIK specify the conditions for which it can be used, only that it has to be for medical purposes and prescribed by a licensed doctor or TM practitioner.  These are required (by MoPH regulation not necessarily law) to complete an MoPH course on it after which they get a 2 year license to prescribe. I have not seen that curriculum but sure it includes as indications chemo induced nausea, intractable pain, intractable epilepsy and I think also Parkinsons.

It does not include diabetes so MoPH-licensed providers are unlikely to prescribe it for this. But if they did, patient is not breaking any law.

What you want to watch out for are "medical cannabis" clinics in tourist areas which may not in fact be licensed to provide this. (They are also some of them claiming to provide THC when actually the product is CND with just trace amounts of CBD).  You could conceivably get in trouble for having it prescribed by unlicensed provider/clinic.

What is CND?

Also is there a source for this information about fake clinics in tourist areas and unlicensed doctors? This is the first I've read of this.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, cooked said:

But nobody's listening, they just want a pill, not a life style change. I was pre-diabetic and fortunately went Keo before I "needed' statins. As you say, everything back to normal and feeling fit.

Keto works wonders as you basically scrap carbs. That is what you need to do if your diabetic or pre diabetic. But not a lot of people want / can do it. 

My brother is diabetic and absolutely refuses to make too many changes to his diet. His life, told him its better to change now then when its too late. 

On 12/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, seajae said:

Well done keep doing it, at least you see the benefits and it strengthen resolve. 

Archived