Jump to content
BANGKOK
alt

'Document Check Counter' - AirAsia

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I  have Googled this, and I think I have the answer, but would love confirmation from those more in the know!

 

Dec 9, International Flight from DMK - Mandalay.

We are Irish, so need an eVisa for Myanmar (we have this) hence the need for 'Document Check'

No checked-in luggage.

 

I read online that we should go to the 'Web Check-in Counter' for this.... can anyone confirm?

I also read that even before going to the 'Web Check-in Counter' we also need to go to the Kiosk to print off a receipt, despite the fact that we've just checked-in online? (Seems totally counter-productive if true?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alt said:

I also read that even before going to the 'Web Check-in Counter' we also need to go to the Kiosk to print off a receipt, despite the fact that we've just checked-in online? (Seems totally counter-productive if true?)

I can't help you with the eVisa part.

 

But yes, the quoted part is bizarre.  Welcome to LOS, TiT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a boarding pass printed off (with a bar-code). The below image is what it states on the boarding pass.

 

This is why i'm confused as to whether we still need to go to a kiosk or not... bizarre but i've read the issues caused at DMK because of this confusion, so don't want to be one of those guys!

 

image.png.ea5b4daf1f7df4a82b641b9e6b66815c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alt said:

We have a boarding pass printed off (with a bar-code). The below image is what it states on the boarding pass.

 

This is why i'm confused as to whether we still need to go to a kiosk or not... bizarre but i've read the issues caused at DMK because of this confusion, so don't want to be one of those guys!

 

image.png.ea5b4daf1f7df4a82b641b9e6b66815c.png

I can't help you with the Myanmar eVisa bit but gave up checking in online with AirAsia as they still push you towards the automated kiosks which also print out the luggage tags.  Other than that AirAsia are the best LCC in LOS IMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. We might just go to the kiosk and see if our boarding pass scans and then go to the web check-in counter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alt said:

Thanks. We might just go to the kiosk and see if our boarding pass scans and then go to the web check-in counter

I wouldn't even bother with scanning your pre-printed boarding pass as that doesn't even appear to be an option at the kiosks.  Approach the kiosk, plug in your booking number and opt for 'yes' to everything.  Out comes your printed boarding passes and luggage tags.  The young students are very helpful as well, if they know what they're doing.  Have a pleasant and safe journey.  TiT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

I wouldn't even bother with scanning your pre-printed boarding pass as that doesn't even appear to be an option at the kiosks.  Approach the kiosk, plug in your booking number and opt for 'yes' to everything.  Out comes your printed boarding passes and luggage tags.  The young students are very helpful as well, if they know what they're doing.  Have a pleasant and safe journey.  TiT.  

Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to post against the above on this. Myanmar flights must have a document check (they'll need to see your e-visa)
Look for the shortest queue in international check in (online check-in/bag drop) and head there. Not the automated kiosks.
Staff milling around will help direct you.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, perfect! So just like the boarding pass said... go straight to 'document check' (ie. shortest international desk / bag drop) and skip the kiosk... great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just after weighing our bags and realised that I will need to check in 1 bag.

 

I guess i'll now need to go to the kiosk to get a bag tag? The boarding pass still states that Step 1 is to go to the Bag Drop Counter, but again, from what i've read on another TV thread was that you had to go to the kiosk.

 

AirAsia seem to be a nightmare! Can't wait to see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alt said:

Just after weighing our bags and realised that I will need to check in 1 bag.

 

I guess i'll now need to go to the kiosk to get a bag tag? The boarding pass still states that Step 1 is to go to the Bag Drop Counter, but again, from what i've read on another TV thread was that you had to go to the kiosk.

 

AirAsia seem to be a nightmare! Can't wait to see how it goes.

If you already checked in online and has a print out, skip the kiosk and go directly to Bag Drop counter. Air Asia staff will do both document check and baggage check-in at the same Bag Drop counter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...