Democrats accuse Trump of abusing power, obstructing impeachment probe

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Skallywag said:
3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Eloquently put.....the anti trump brigade think they have hard evidence....just because they saw a bunch of disgruntled bureaucrats yak on and on about how outraged they were because they ASSUMED some quid pro quo was happening.

JHolmesJr. Can you answer as to why POTUS withheld the military aid to Ukraine?

"One thing has become clear: President Donald Trump illegally withheld military aid to Ukraine.  No one from the Trump administration has been able to point to any legal authority that allowed Trump to withhold the funding"   Even Trump’s defenders in the House, who have speciously claimed that the president had reasons for holding the aid other than pressuring Ukraine to investigate his political rivals, have not provided justifications that are legal"

https://www.justsecurity.org/67489/trumps-hold-on-ukrainian-military-aid-was-illegal/

I see that he's only answering the questions that he can glibly dismiss with the woefully unimaginative 'get Trump' or '2016 losers' mantra.

Maybe he'll get back with us manana?

...or maybe not.

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The average American looks at Biden & Son's antics in Ukraine and instantly goes....man, that stinks TO HIGH HEAVEN.

This is precisely why no one is up in arms about Trump asking Zel to look into it.

The only ones outraged are the Dems who see it as yet another front to attack trump from.

This is why it will be great to see a senate trial where grounds to look at Bidens behaviour will be 

systematically uncovered, all the dirt if any will come out and then we see if rump was right or not.

One thing's is for sure....Trump didn't ask Zel to create false charges against Biden...the way the Dems did against him.

Truth always wins...in the end.

The senate was designed by the founders  to take on unruly leaders of the house in this case the dems in this impeachment hoax.

31 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I see that he's only answering the questions that he can glibly dismiss with the woefully unimaginative 'get Trump' or '2016 losers' mantra.

Maybe he'll get back with us manana?

...or maybe not.

Don't hold your breath for me to get back to you....do your own googling. Its ben regurgitated and beaten to death here.

He has the absolute right to put a hold on things (temporarily) while he does his own vetting of the new administration.

On to the Senate.

Just leaving behind a nice link that discusses polls for impeachment and how support among independents has dropped rather precipitously. Its a leftie rag and thus totally bonafide, I imagine.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/new-poll-suggests-democrats-impeachment-push-could-alienate-key-voters

Excerpt:

"Alas, for the Democrats, the promising numbers of late October and early November rapidly dissipated, and polling numbers have reverted to a level more consistent with long-term opinions on President Trump. In the latest Politico/Morning Consult poll, released on November 19, Independents opposed impeachment and removal from office 46% to 39%, a number close to the rolling averages of the last few weeks. It is notable that the poll was fielded after the first public impeachment hearings

QED?

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Don't hold your breath for me to get back to you....do your own googling. Its ben regurgitated and beaten to death here.

He has the absolute right to put a hold on things (temporarily) while he does his own vetting of the new administration.

On to the Senate.

Except that it is not what he did. He very explicitly asked for help to support his debunked conspiracy theories about Biden and Crowdstrike

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"I'll go back and check on my records. But it seems very unlikely that I would be taking calls from random people."

So he's saying that Giuliani is random?  I can agree with that!  :cheesy:

20 hours ago, Tug said:

Seems to me there are some very confused posters here to watch the 2 weeks of hearings and think trump is innocent doesent make sense it’s plane as day he is guilty and with his base he is intimidating the republican Senate no more no less but on the up side he is beeing exposed for what he is for all to see common 2020!!!!

May I suggest a truce for all. Here is why. The Dem supporters and other Trump haters think they are right about all things that are Trump-negative. That's fine. An "opinion" can't be wrong simply because of what it is. The definition of an "opinion" is "a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". You want to protect your way of thinking and judgments just like the Reps and Trump lovers do. 

For instance you have all these ideas that Trump should be removed from office over how you interpret what he said or did in relation to a number of things. By the same token many others question Hillary and the deleted e-mails. Why did she delete many thousands of them if there was no issue with them and nothing to hide? Same with Bill Clinton and his meeting with the Attorney's General (also a Dem) on the Tarmac all alone. Were they really just talking about grandkids and exchanging recipes?

Bottom line is that things will work out as they will and no angry exchanges on this board will change that. When the election is over next year one group or the other will be high-fiving and life will go on. People might be spending too much energy on the topic here. No one will change the mind of anyone else. That's pretty much a certainty.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:56 PM, candide said:

If the evidence that has been collected during this investigation does not reflect the truth, why is it that no one has contradicted it under oath?

This coin has two sides that are the same. Biden is implicated as is his son in this mess yet he will refuse to attend and answer questions under oath. Hmmm.....

Former Vice President Joe Biden is responding unequivocally to a top White House official who said Wednesday that President Donald Trump is demanding a full Senate trial, featuring live witnesses, if and when the House sends over articles of impeachment: He does not plan to attend voluntarily.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-says-he-will-not-appear-at-senate-impeachment-trial-despite-demands-from-trump/ar-BBXLTxa?ocid=spartanntp

Sooo anybody who doesent support trump is a (hater) there’s the root of the problem and trump stokes that disconnect to further devide so as easyer to to wreck our democracy nope not gonna play along enough wasted energy on this wreck he needs removal asap

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

This coin has two sides that are the same. Biden is implicated as is his son in this mess yet he will refuse to attend and answer questions under oath. Hmmm.....

Former Vice President Joe Biden is responding unequivocally to a top White House official who said Wednesday that President Donald Trump is demanding a full Senate trial, featuring live witnesses, if and when the House sends over articles of impeachment: He does not plan to attend voluntarily.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-says-he-will-not-appear-at-senate-impeachment-trial-despite-demands-from-trump/ar-BBXLTxa?ocid=spartanntp

No. Bidens are not fact witnesses.

Now, if there is evidence of them knowing of trumps crimes then yes.

15 hours ago, Skallywag said:

JHolmesJr. Can you answer as to why POTUS withheld the military aid to Ukraine?

"One thing has become clear: President Donald Trump illegally withheld military aid to Ukraine.  No one from the Trump administration has been able to point to any legal authority that allowed Trump to withhold the funding"   Even Trump’s defenders in the House, who have speciously claimed that the president had reasons for holding the aid other than pressuring Ukraine to investigate his political rivals, have not provided justifications that are legal"

https://www.justsecurity.org/67489/trumps-hold-on-ukrainian-military-aid-was-illegal/

What date was the aid supposed to be released by to meet the legal requirement? I believe that date was Sept 30th.

What date was the Aid released????

I'll wait for the answer.

2 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Interesting answer. As already mentioned, Biden is not the subject of the impeachmment and has nothing to testify about what Trump did. If there is a good reason to investigate him, Barr should start an official investigation.

What is interesting is that your answer suggest that he has something to hide. So with your false equivalence, you imply that Trump prevents key witnesses to testify because he has something to hide. We agree at least on that last point

12 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Don't hold your breath for me to get back to you....do your own googling. Its ben regurgitated and beaten to death here. He has the absolute right to put a hold on things (temporarily) while he does his own vetting of the new administration.

Oh no he doesn't.

12 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

On to the Senate.

Yes. it is pantomime season after all.

Do your own googling.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:54 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Blah...blah...blah...pure theatre to diminish Trump's popularity with his voting base and especially independents...not going to work...Dems may lose in a historic landslide victory for Republicans in 2020.

We will see next November if re-elected let alone you believing it will be historic. Losing the total vote count to Hilary by over two million and securing the Electoral college by just 77,000 votes. Huge gains for anything historic I would say is at least questionalbe considering he is the ONLY President to never see any approval of 50%.

Archived