BANGKOK
webfact

With no travel insurance, Canadian family struggles to bring injured father home from Thailand

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I wouldn't really describe falling off a ladder as a hazardous pursuit?

In mining anything half a meter of the ground you need a fall arrest gear on. 

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

A insurance company would .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

One can get "accident insurance" at the local bank for less than 2000 Bt..

The coverage offered by banks is normally not sufficient for a lengthy stay in Intensive Care; or a catastrophic event such as a heart attack, stroke, or major surgery (open heart, etc).

• Like 2

If the unfortunate gentleman paid for his travel here by credit card. Then surely the credit card company has insurance built in.

• Like 2

Sad news and hope he survives this .

but....This is the main reason why the Thai Govt is cracking down on retirees. Unpaid hospital bills. 
thai hospitals are not heartless and will treat Without checking , esp farangs, who they consider “ rich “

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think he meant hooking up with a Thai lady ??

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Presnock said:

For those talking about insurance in Thailand....I am 73 so I am well aware of cost of a thai insurance co for HEALTH insurance, thus I maintain my US insurer for my health insurance needs if I to need it and have been informed that in 2020 for their clients overseas, there is no deductible!  but as mentioned by several, ACCIDENT insurance (which I also have here in Thailand with a Thai agency - Muang Thai Insurance co. and at 73 it costs me 3400 baht per year.  This covers ANY ACCIDENT, not for health insurance.  But, it is not that much more expensive to add a 100,000 or more to the basic coverage which I think mine is either 300 or 400 thousand at my age, younger people can get the accident insurance for even less!  The hospitals for coverage (that accept it) are the top hospitals in Chiang Mai - we usually use Bangkok Hospital because of location.  The coverage for any accident my family has had (bitten by cat so rabies series after cleaning etc at hospital), broken finger, broken toe, back sprain with muscle spasms and all treatment was paid for by the insurance with absolutely no problem or delay.  All should at least have this insurance!

thank you for sharing a positive experience 😊

• Like 2