Kasetsart BTS to Chaengwattana Immigration

I don't think so, it's a good 2km east of Vibhavadi Rangsit road which would negate the fact that it's further north.

IMHO MoChit is still best, at least until the BTS at Lak Si Monument opens next year. Then you will soon have the Pink Line monorail to go all the way to the government complex.

• Thanks 1

Why would anyone take a MC taxi anywhere when taxi is an option?  Death ride is no exaggeration (Monday road deaths 66 total and 48 by MC) and believe taxi is well worth the cost (some of the lowest prices in the word).  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I don't think so, it's a good 2km east of Vibhavadi Rangsit road which would negate the fact that it's further north.

IMHO MoChit is still best, at least until the BTS at Lak Si Monument opens next year. Then you will soon have the Pink Line monorail to go all the way to the government complex.

I went to CW out of Hat Lek last week or whatever it is and it was 20 baht cheaper than my usual trip from Mo Chit. Could have been traffic or route though. It was not noticebly faster, nor slower. It was just a different view.

If I  was a true cheap charlie, I would have taken an SRT to Lak Si. 

Note: I would NEVER take an MC taxi from Mo Chit to CW. Its 120B +/- by taxi

Edited by Nyezhov

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Why would anyone take a MC taxi anywhere when taxi is an option?  Death ride is no exaggeration (Monday road deaths 66 total and 48 by MC) and believe taxi is well worth the cost (some of the lowest prices in the word).  

that is a good point .... I don't go there much as usually do my 90 day online (and its such a pain to get there from Prawet),but  I recently changed my passport and it seems like their computers arn't networked. So was looking for the quickest way to get there. Will probably end up getting a taxi anyway.

Also, I dont mind paying for a taxi but depending what time you get out of immigration they can be quite hard to come by.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
added

5 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Also, I dont mind paying for a taxi but depending what time you get out of immigration they can be quite hard to come by.

True if late in afternoon none in queue - but can walk to main road or take shuttle bus and get from there - if have to get going East can cross on overpass in front of CAT.

3 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

It was so much easier when immigration lived at Silom. A nice central location, a couple of minutes walk from the BTS. 

Another view:

Where there was never enough seating - the AC barely worked - the files were piled up against the walls - immigration workers had no space to do their job - the elevator to 90 day desk was a ride on the darkside (if working) - where there was no parking for those with vehicles - where the frontage road was walking pace or less due traffic - where there were no food options. 

Yes central location for many tourists - not necessarily for expats living here.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

True if late in afternoon none in queue - but can walk to main road or take shuttle bus and get from there - if have to get going East can cross on overpass in front of CAT.

Shuttle bus (make sure you wait in the right place) or motorbike taxi to main road then taxi back to BTS is the way to go. Taking a motorbike taxi all the way back to BTS Mochit is unnecessary and stupid.