Grab Pay Wallet Unavailable to foreigners

Virtualrecluse

Interestingly True Money recently opened up its App to non-Thai. Mind you, unless you shop at 7-11 or eat at McDonalds it's as useless as every other proprietary digital wallet the Thais seem to love so much. Roll on Paywave on debit cards and Apple Pay/Google Wallet

Somehow, my grab wallet works as a foreigner.

Perhaps I should keep quiet about it...????

I'm going to call BS about it only working on Thai ID cards beginning with a 1(Thai citizen)

It should also work with 2(Thai citizen with birth registered after 15 days) and a 3 (some older Thai citizens)

:wai:

Same with Lazarda, all so very stupid

Way round

Account in wifes name

Can have wallet

Before topping up wallet shows amount required

Go to cell phone transfer same amount with BKK telephone banking to wifes account

Money in and money out to her account 

All works OK

its all BS

On 12/6/2019 at 4:44 AM, Elmer Fudd said:

Same as Lazada, ALL member, and many other things. If everyone complained to the companies involved directly then maybe they would start to think twice.

As a joint approach would be more effective and there must surely be other foreign users of Grab in Thailand who would like to get this discount, is Thaivisa.com a forum where it is possible to muster support? If so, how?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i due rescue work here and my U.S. credit use to be registered with Grab, but it was mysteriously  taken off my account which makes it more difficult to use their service since i am on 24/7 call.  i have contacted Grab and they keep saying that they will reinstate it.  same old Thai Path-o-Tale.  

Edited by malibukid