BANGKOK
robblok

Airpurifier buy now before the real burning season

I went a little over the top and purchased the IQAir 250, costs about 12 times more that the one you're referring too, but it's the Rolls Royce of air purifiers, i.e. hospital grade, and I am extremely satisfied with the product, especially with kids.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I went a little over the top and purchased the IQAir 250, costs about 12 times more that the one you're referring too, but it's the Rolls Royce of air purifiers, i.e. hospital grade, and I am extremely satisfied with the product, especially with kids.

Yes that one is a lot more, but i just noticed the difference in price when I bought this one with the high prices during the burning season and the one i bought. So its obviously also seasonally. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes that one is a lot more, but i just noticed the difference in price when I bought this one with the high prices during the burning season and the one i bought. So its obviously also seasonally. 

Maybe at the lower end of the scale, IQAir is up there and they maintain the up there price, noting anyone looking to fork out the 60,000 or so baht should not buy one off the internet as they do not have warranty with them, i.e. it has to be purchased from an IQAir retailer, e.g. no copies.

• Like 1

My only criticism of my Xiaomi M2 is the necessity of connecting it to a Xiaomi mobile app for maximum effectiveness.

BTW, any current users of the Xiaomi air purifier who may need to buy a replacement filter need to take care when ordering one online.  Though they sell for B1000+ retail, Lazada and others have them as low as B300.  I ordered one of the cheapos and though it looked OK, it came without the necessary charcoal inner filter core.   I believe the genuine Xiaomi replacement filters do come with the inner core.  

I put the core from my old filter into the new and so far, readings in my room seem ok.  It will be interesting to see if it can keep up when the really <deleted> air comes back.

27 minutes ago, dddave said:

My only criticism of my Xiaomi M2 is the necessity of connecting it to a Xiaomi mobile app for maximum effectiveness.

Although my Xiaomi 2s air purifier is working fine and communicates with the smartphone app, the same cannot be said for other Xiaomi iot devices in my home, such as the desk lamp and induction cooker.  Both of these devices work fine, but no longer communicate with the app, which reduces their functionality.  I was happy with these products, but don't think I would buy another iot device from Xiaomi.

Edited by cmarshall
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, dddave said:

BTW, any current users of the Xiaomi air purifier who may need to buy a replacement filter need to take care when ordering one online.  Though they sell for B1000+ retail, Lazada and others have them as low as B300.  I ordered one of the cheapos and though it looked OK, it came without the necessary charcoal inner filter core.   I believe the genuine Xiaomi replacement filters do come with the inner core.  

I put the core from my old filter into the new and so far, readings in my room seem ok.  It will be interesting to see if it can keep up when the really <deleted> air comes back.

Sorry but its not clear ? where is it better to buy the xiaomi filters ?

Xiaomi S2 is cheaper than the pro ? how much ? and why not buying the pro ?

you can buy the DIY for 800 on Lazada. Just got 2 extra next to the Xiaomi big one who reads the air quality and is automatic. The DIY you just set on middle speed , very quiet also

On that subject and somewhat related to filtering or the need for it, for those that might be interested, I bought a Temtop LKC-1000S+ Air Quality Monitor Formaldehyde Detector, Air Pollution Sensor, Humidity and Temperature Meter Tester with PM2.5/PM10/HCHO/AQI/Particles/TVOC VOC/Histogram from Amazon. Great little device and easy to use if you want to test your own area and not rely on the Government-reported levels, which are generally fantasy.

Edited by Buffy Frobisher
spelling error
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

This is the second Pro I've bought from this Thailand dealer. Excellent machine. Easy to buy and replace filters.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.Zw5j2

Best price around too.

Looks like the pro is a larger version than the 2S? Is it quiet? I see the replacement filters are only 600 baht? I currently use a Samsung unit with a 6 stage filter that costs between 1600 and 4000 baht to replace, depending on whether it is generic or genuine. The size of the filter makes a huge difference, and it looks like this unit has a large filter. 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:46 AM, dddave said:

Inner charcoal filter is only for the formaldehyde edition. Anti-bacterial or "standard" version of filter don't have it. Lots of fakes on Lazada, yes. Got mine for 800-900 baht (off from 990 that they normally cost) online. Last 6 months so I'm not complaining over price, although having several around the house.

14 hours ago, rech said:

Xiaomi S2 is cheaper than the pro ? how much ? and why not buying the pro ?

S2 is a smaller one for smaller rooms, Pro is for larger spaces, and then you have Max, which uses different kind of filters. They also have a model that needs no filter replacements but it's pricy and China only. No point buying a Pro for 20m2 room.