alcohol customs

harry1465

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

On occasion I bring a second bottle through, yes, I know its naughty.  

I've never been stopped, but if I am, I've always been under the assumption that the second bottle will be confiscated and hopefully not both.

Funny how expectations differ - I would assume both would be confiscated and one would be levied a fine.

3 hours ago, TheAppletons said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

On occasion I bring a second bottle through, yes, I know its naughty.  

I've never been stopped, but if I am, I've always been under the assumption that the second bottle will be confiscated and hopefully not both.

Funny how expectations differ - I would assume both would be confiscated and one would be levied a fine.

Quite possible and that would make more sense to prevent those like me who may chose to 'chance it' now and again.... that said,  I've been checked by customs once in 20 years and that was in Hat Yai with a box of work supplies. 

I've never been stopped at Don Muang or Suvarnabumi. 

I've only ever been stopped once in the UK too.

I must have a very 'honest' looking profile !!! 

Anyway, if I am ever caught exceeding the Duty free allowance on the one or two times I do so per year, I would have no right to complain or cry about it - its 100% my own fault. 

Usually you have to pay the customs twice. One time the usual customs and one time as a fine. But it will not be confiscated. 

The customs depends of the alcohol in the bottle, so less for wine, more for spirits.

Archived