Video: Seconds out round.....More fighting between Grab and motorcycles

webfact

Video: Seconds out round.....More fighting between Grab and motorcycles

6pm.jpg

Thai caption: Drama in the public vehicle sector

CCTV footage from a soi in Chonburi showed yet more fighting between "win" and Grab. 

Win are the nation's motorcycle taxis. 

On this occasion it appears that the fight was not originally between the motorcycle taxis and Grab.

The Grab was a Grab Car driver and he appeared to have had a problem with another group - possibly armed - that the motorcycle taxi riders got mixed up in. 

Whatever the cause the CCTV showed some severe violence that for a change featured some one-on-one combat using fists and kicks. 

At least two "wins" were involved - one with a jacket and one who had taken his off. 

Sanook called it the latest drama involving drivers of public vehicles for hire. 

CCTV footage from a soi in Chonburi showed yet more fighting between "win" and Grab. 

Win are the nation's motorcycle taxis. 

On this occasion it appears that the fight was not originally between the motorcycle taxis and Grab.

The Grab was a Grab Car driver and he appeared to have had a problem with another group - possibly armed - that the motorcycle taxi riders got mixed up in. 

Whatever the cause the CCTV showed some severe violence that for a change featured some one-on-one combat using fists and kicks. 

At least two "wins" were involved - one with a jacket and one who had taken his off. 

Sanook called it the latest drama involving drivers of public vehicles for hire. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-04

I had, many years ago learned that Thailand is a pacifist country, without crime, well in these 25 years I have been able to realize that unfortunately it is not so.
I also learned that you should never raise your voice with the Thai, what I see is that the discussions are held in a tone that I call screaming, two people at half a meter from each other talking as if the whole country should hear what they have to say, this at any time of day or night!
When they fight, many of them are unable to use their hands, no, they must have a weapon, be it a knife, a sword or like a chair in this case.
It's not nice to look at and I hope I never find myself in a situation like this!

This type of pathetic childish behavior is so prevalent here I’m not sure why it’s considered news anymore.  And we only see the small fraction caught on camera.  The only thing missing from this footage is the worthless police standing around doing nothing.

It's just the beginning

with the drop in the tourists numbers in Pattaya and more taxis every year (Bathbus, vip taxis, minivan, mototaxis, taxi yellow and green, pink, blue and others colours plus the hotel shuttles and restaurants and attractions shuttles) the competition is going to be rough and dirty.

And if the tramway become a reality (I doubt of it, but who knows?) it could degenerate in a real civil war if nothing is done in a real way to reduce year after year the number of taxis of all types.

On the other hand reduce the number of all the taxis could resolve the traffic problem in the city center.

Half of the vehicles between Soi bukkhao second road and beach road from pattaya tai to central road are empty taxis that roll in slow motion while hunting a client, honking at anything that looks like a tourist.

Those "win" taxis drive like crazy as well.
I took one from Don Muang to Chaengwattana, took about 10 minutes, costed me 100 baht

I've never been more scared in my life.

Cutting in front of cars, other bikes, speeding braking speeding braking...
going between cars with only 50cm space in between so I had to press my legs

They are just lunatics.

And I think he was on yaba, at least he was not acting normal

Rather take a grab car for probably half the price

might take 5 minutes longer, but they are always polite, not on drugs and drive safely

and the car smells always good

Also, many taxis always just refuse to take you as a passenger and drive off....<deleted>

For me, from now on I take grab

Win taxi and regular taxis in thailand are a BIG NO GO !

Archived