Pattaya: Chinese "expert" electrocuted after trying to repair LED sign

webfact

Pattaya: Chinese "expert" electrocuted after trying to repair LED sign

7pm.jpg

Thai caption: He meant well...but things turned out bad

Pattaya police and Sawang Boriboon rescue services were called to Sohotown on Pattaya 2 Road after a Chinese man was electrocuted while repairing an LED sign. 

Liu Zhanlin, 37, was unconscious on supports next to the 5 meter tall sign.

The rescue services managed to get him down with ropes and he was given CPR. He was taken to hospital in a coma, reported 77kaoded. 

A witness called Apatsawan, 36, said that the Chinese owner of a bird's nest soup restaurant had asked his friend to go up and fix the faulty sign as he was an expert in such matters. 

7pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

After repairs the sign was switched on for a test but the Chinese man - called a tourist in the story - was still high up next to it. 

He was electrocuted and slumped unconscious. 

An investigation is underway utilizing the expertise of other experts. 

Pattaya police and Sawang Boriboon rescue services were called to Sohotown on Pattaya 2 Road after a Chinese man was electrocuted while repairing an LED sign. 

Liu Zhanlin, 37, was unconscious on supports next to the 5 meter tall sign.

The rescue services managed to get him down with ropes and he was given CPR. He was taken to hospital in a coma, reported 77kaoded. 

A witness called Apatsawan, 36, said that the Chinese owner of a bird's nest soup restaurant had asked his friend to go up and fix the faulty sign as he was an expert in such matters. 

After repairs the sign was switched on for a test but the Chinese man - called a tourist in the story - was still high up next to it. 

He was electrocuted and slumped unconscious. 

An investigation is underway utilizing the expertise of other experts. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-04

1 hour ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Sad owner not prepared to pay a proper Thai electrician.

Guess good news he would have travel insurance behind a Chinese tourist

They wouldn't expect a GO Fund me.

proper Thai electrician = Is that an oxymoron?

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Had the house re-wired a few years ago.

Bought rolls of red, black and green wire plus 3  2metre copper earth rods.

Local expert wanted only to use red and black because green earth wire and ground spikes 'not need in Thailand'

Expert replaced after 1st day.

The earth on the house I used to have was a wire connected to the reo sticking out of one of the columns. Good enough I suppose.55

27 minutes ago, heybuz said:

The earth on the house I used to have was a wire connected to the reo sticking out of one of the columns. Good enough I suppose.55

You could have checked it easily by having a p on it. ????

Never heard the joke about the old lady who said her phone never really worked right but when her dog used to bark 'once' the phone would be ok for a good while.

Think about it.

may he RiP.
(since it was written electrocuted, if not electrocuted, wish him speedy recovery.)

helping out an acquaintance who could not wait to see the result of his work and switched power on while he was still working.

2 hours ago, KKr said:

may he RiP.
(since it was written electrocuted, if not electrocuted, wish him speedy recovery.)

helping out an acquaintance who could not wait to see the result of his work and switched power on while he was still working.

A quick Google search will reveal that electrocuted does not necessarily mean the person died.

Rooster

5 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

A quick Google search will reveal that electrocuted does not necessarily mean the person died.

Rooster

Yep. I've been electrocuted but am still around, much to the chagrin of some. 

25 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Yep. I've been electrocuted but am still around, much to the chagrin of some. 

Been there done that on multiple occasions when I liked to live my life on the edge as a young man and my heart could cope with the excitement.  I'm a bit more discerning in my old age, fortunately.  

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Had the house re-wired a few years ago.

Bought rolls of red, black and green wire plus 3  2metre copper earth rods.

Local expert wanted only to use red and black because green earth wire and ground spikes 'not need in Thailand'

Expert replaced after 1st day.

I rented a brand-new house in Chachoengsao about 10 years ago.  There were 3-pin sockets all round the house, but I got a small shock from the edge of the tower unit of my PC.  I checked the socket, and sure enough, no earth wire.  I then checked the distribution board, and guess what; an earth wire was present, but that's where it stopped.  The whole house was wired with 2-core cable.  I found the other end of the earth wire wrapped round a small piece of aluminium about 6 inches under the soil in the garden.  I imagine the whole village was the same, but never found-out.

Archived