BANGKOK
webfact

CCTV will automatically detect people not wearing helmets

Who cares CCTV can see them ...cops won't give most Thais a ticket in Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

But will it respond when it 'does' see a helmet?

- strapped to the handlebars or rack

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

..,..... it assumes that bikes are properly registered to their owners and that the fines will actually get paid, which the majority probably won't.

Now, if you could get the cops to enforce the existing laws rigidly, you might be on the way to a solution.

I once could not renew the registration & inspection of my bike and would not get a sticker until I paid a fine. (A cop took a picture of me driving straight on a right-turn only intersection and I was not aware until at the inspection I was passed the fine).

The cops are corrupt and unless this doesn´t improve significantly, people will drive like idiots, without brains and license. "Corruption kills" is my favorite saying here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Years ago in the UK, I knew a motorcyclist who deliberately wound up the police.

All around the outside of his half-face helmet he glued a piece of brown shagpile carpet.

The number of times he was pulled over for having no helmet, only for the police to realise when they walked up to him he did in fact have a regulation helmet.

Very childish and a waste of police time when they could be doing real policing 

• Like 1