Lost in translation – Karon seafood restaurant staff chase American customer

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You think this was funny? A mob (at least 14 people) armed with sticks and what looks like boards chasing down a lone man. Can't wait for one of the guys getting a kick out of this to have something s

I'm thinking he parked in front of their restaurant in a bit of the road they considered theirs.

No justification for a 'misunderstanding'.  Mob rule equals lawlessness.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Thian said:

Thanks, i got my daily portion of news from Phuket now......nobody died this time?

No one died. There were only slight injuries and the matter was peacefully settled with no one filing charges. The only thing really hurt were the oversensitive feelings of some posters.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, zydeco said:

You think this was funny? A mob (at least 14 people) armed with sticks and what looks like boards chasing down a lone man. Can't wait for one of the guys getting a kick out of this to have something similar happen to them. But they probably won't be as fortunate as this guy, who looks like he was taking care of at least three of them pretty well before the mob jumped. A lot of the old guys on TVF will manage to wheeze about 20 ft. and then get their brains beat out. Laugh then.

Yes, I do not think it´s funny either. However, I have been living here long time enough to know that you just do not pass a restaurant, eat in a restaurant or even just politely complain about the food creates a reaction like this. Just maybe he is one of these guys that can´t show manor and adjust to the culture in the country he stays in or visit. So, what do you say? Have you just been attacked out of no reason at all?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1