Lost in translation – Karon seafood restaurant staff chase American customer

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, zydeco said:

You think this was funny? A mob (at least 14 people) armed with sticks and what looks like boards chasing down a lone man. Can't wait for one of the guys getting a kick out of this to have something similar happen to them. But they probably won't be as fortunate as this guy, who looks like he was taking care of at least three of them pretty well before the mob jumped. A lot of the old guys on TVF will manage to wheeze about 20 ft. and then get their brains beat out. Laugh then.

Hey, enough of this 'old' business Grandpa.

I'm only 70. :cheesy:

4 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

Always a misunderstanding when attacking a civilized 

when a foreigner says something to a Thai he’s out of control 

The American out of control He ADMIT he start the fight. 

NO THAI IN THIS STORY!

Typical one american and it takes a dozen Thais. I think he was very lucky though as at the end of the clip it shows a Thai chat running up armed with something. Police should be talking to him for sure. I tend to agree it could well be that they had a problem with him parking his bike in front. Thai businesses think they own the roads.

13 hours ago, zydeco said:

You think this was funny? A mob (at least 14 people) armed with sticks and what looks like boards chasing down a lone man. Can't wait for one of the guys getting a kick out of this to have something similar happen to them. But they probably won't be as fortunate as this guy, who looks like he was taking care of at least three of them pretty well before the mob jumped. A lot of the old guys on TVF will manage to wheeze about 20 ft. and then get their brains beat out. Laugh then.

Did I say it was funny ?

Was there a laughing emoji at the end of my sentence ? No.

Telling a person to run from a baying mob, sounds like good advice.

23 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Please. Before mock, ctitisize, complain, moan and groan about Thai people do the google search about this story.

NO THAI. ALL FOREIGNER. 

the american admit he start the fight.

The burmese then fight him back.

NO THAI PEOPLE IN THIS STORY! 

UNDERSTAND. 

No injury. Everyone pay small fine. Why not?

Yes, yes, yesss... All Thais are honest and foremost brave people.

From the thai news he was eating there with a Burmese man and when the bill arrived he thought they were going to split it but the Burmese man didn't understand.

Turns out the American didn't want to pay for it in full

(1000baht) so started to fight the bumeseman and then did a usain bolt.

Ended up they both paid 500 each.

Thats it.

Lovers quarrel maybe?

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

you make no sense, so if you even just politely complain expect to be attacked by a mob, but then you say if you can't show 'manor' (I think you mean manners) then expect to get attacked by a mob. Either way, just accept that you will be attacked by mobs, right? ???? 

Why is that. I said that passing, eating or even complaining about the food does not create a reaction like this. I also believe that he might have been doing something to get this reaction.

I definately do not accept that people get attacked by mobs. Although, that happens in all countries when people go too far. Mostly it probably have to be something much more bad than this to be attacked in another country. However, this was in Thailand and here people react differently according to things and that has to do with culture. People that can´t accept the culture, understand it or adept to it is always getting into problems.

For an example: If you would call somebody a water monitor in the US, England or Australia people would probably just look at you and laugh. Here that is one of the most bad things you can call somebody. When dealing with other cultures and do not fully understand them, I am saying that it´s advised to thread carfully. 

By, the way, thank you. Yes, I meant manners. ????

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The American start punching Burmese. The Burmese chase him go away.

But you complain about Thai people? Never stop.

No Thais in this story.

What? 

Nobody injury?

Sure they thai? 

Not really. 

Sorry. We always forget that Thais can never be wrong. About anything. In any circumstance. Ever. Your attitude is a part of the problem, but you are not alone in being in denial.

Now, tell us how it is justified that a dozen or more, at least one with a weapon, are chasing one person. I know it's the Thai way, and you are Thai, so perhaps you can justify it to us who don't understand. All we understand is that Thais always attack like a pack of rabid dogs.

I laughed when the guy at the end of the video chases the pack with a stick in his hand, ready to join in on the mob violence that has nothing whatsoever to do with him! 

I’d like to know what the guy did, which is not clear from this video?

15 hours ago, zydeco said:

This is how they all fight, not one of them are man enough to fight their own battle.

What's with all the American bashing? I work with and travel with many different nationalities Americans are one of the nicest. Maybe he was standing his ground over public parking. Foolish to do in Thailand yes however I applaud Americans they have the guts to stand up for their beliefs instead of just moaning.  

19 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

This is how they all fight, not one of them are man enough to fight their own battle.

Seems to me that’s exactly what your doing here,perhaps an original explanation from you as to the reason this occurred?

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Firstly good to finally see someone with a pair of balls who stands up and does ok against a pack of dogs, secondly police need their head examined. 12 against one and they fine him 500 baht? while other 12 fined 500 in total or 500 each?

Where do you get 12 from? Try reading the OP again.

14 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

What's with all the American bashing? I work with and travel with many different nationalities Americans are one of the nicest. Maybe he was standing his ground over public parking. Foolish to do in Thailand yes however I applaud Americans they have the guts to stand up for their beliefs instead of just moaning.  

Was this dude one of your workmates, if not what’s your point? Foolish to do in Thailand ,what’s their beliefs got to say here?

Archived