Admitted until date - Tourist Visa

I am an indian with a tourist Visa. Now on the departure card given in airplane and my original return ticket date, my stay is upto 33 days. 

Now in my passport, immigration stamped under "Admitted until- 8 jan 2020" 

So can I cancel my return ticket and also legally stay in Thailand upto above date. 

The initial 33 days I mentioned wont be a problem ?

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, craige1 said:

Mistakes happen but the onus is on you to ensure you leave on time even if you're one of the 10,000 baht a day big-spending Indians that Thailand is now reliant on.

Edited by torturedsole

15 minutes ago, craige1 said:

If in doubt, stroll into your nearest Immigration Office and ask them (since they are the experts).  If they made a mistake at the airport, it is you that will be on overstay (regardless of the date in your passport).

• Like 1

What was your entry date into Thailand?  As said if an error was made it would be you that needs to correct it.

Were you expecting to be stamped in for 33 days because of your ticket out/entry card by chance?  Does not work that way.

Edited by lopburi3

28 minutes ago, craige1 said:

I am an indian with a tourist Visa. Now on the departure card given in airplane and my original return ticket date, my stay is upto 33 days. 

The date shown on your ticket out really means nothing now.

28 minutes ago, craige1 said:

Now in my passport, immigration stamped under "Admitted until- 8 jan 2020" 

So can I cancel my return ticket and also legally stay in Thailand upto above date. 

When you did you enter the country? I assume it was November 10th since January 8th is the 60 days your visa allowed.

No problem to change you ticket to the 8th of January if I am correct.

• Like 1

You are not obliged to leave Thailand on the date you wrote on the TM6 Card. The obligation to leave is as per the date stamped into your passport, and likely on the back of the Tm6 Card. With a Tourist Visa that is 60 days from entry. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, paahlman said:

Unless he means he got a visa exemption stamp which is often mistaken for a visa. The exemption is 30 days.

He does not qualify for a visa exempt entry since he is from India. He entered using a tourist visa and got the  60 days it allows.

• Like 2