Jomtien Immigration Does It Again!

I did it on Monday. Yes in and out in 5 minutes. But to get there and come back is a different story. I have new passport and didn't leave the country with it. So no online reporting like before anymore for me. They should improve their systems so that the can change the old passport to the new one. But wishes... On the other hand Christmas is near. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I did it on Monday. Yes in and out in 5 minutes. But to get there and come back is a different story. I have new passport and didn't leave the country with it. So no online reporting like before anymore for me. They should improve their systems so that the can change the old passport to the new one. But wishes... On the other hand Christmas is near. 

I got the online to work for me once, but that was over a year ago. I live less than 3 clicks away so it's just as easy to get myself down to the office.

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

90 day reporting is a non story

Did my 90 day money 800K still on bank 25 Nov. , no ticket needed , at desk 8 waved with their document and  could sit down at outside corner even other people waiting ,checked if all doc. present but did not give even an eye to my open bankbook ,not even 5 minutes . 

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Did my 90 day money 800K still on bank , no ticket needed , at desk 8 waved with their document and  could sit down at outside corner even other people waiting ,checked if all doc. present but did not give even an eye to my open bankbook ,not even 5 minutes . 

That's the 800k financial reporting not the 90 day reporting the op is talking about

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's the 800k financial reporting not the 90 day reporting the op is talking about

I did say that ,  read :Did my 90 day money 800K still on bank, is same timeframe that is why I say 90 day money rapport , and co incidently it was ALSO my 90 day address reporting which was a flash happening as always ..., 2 fly's in 1 hit 

Also praising jomtien I.O. for quick swift handling …… on condition you follow the rules and proper documented .

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

there seems to be a new sign up on monday in jomtien stating that 800k must be shown at every 90 day report ????

I did not see it. Actually when I picked up my passport no mention was made of any need to return and show the 800k, until I asked! As to your statement, that cannot be the case, as 800k need not be retained for the full year. 

36 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

In and out in only 5 minutes of time Great !!  However  spending weeks of ur own time just to preparing and to complete all ur paperworks, statements, bankbooks, TM30 for your 5 minute meeting u seem to forget that

What paperwork. If you have a barcode for the 90 days. Get a number straight to the desk and usually out in under 5 minutes. No bank statement, bank books, tm30 needed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, J Town said:

I bet you be gettin' a lump of coal in your stocking this year.

????

Your comment made me smile, but what he said is correct. For a buckshee 90 day report, it shouldn't take more than a few mins, it's just a matter of shoving your passport into the computer and giving you a printed slip.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What's with the "good shorts" comment.

Bring along good manners and correct paperwork for any visit to imm..

Be polite and clean is just part of good manners. 

Did you miss the arguments thread about wearing "suitable" attire to visit Immigration.......

I did my retirement extension this week, very nice helpful female officer, was genuinely interested in why i came to live in Nakhon Phanom. I had a lovely conversation, and she noticed i was not well (wheelchair) and said about my wife just coming in and they would come to me if i needed them too. All previous dealings with Phuket, but what a breath of fresh air up here, in and out in 20 minutes, looking forward to going for my 90 report.

NP a great office to deal with. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

In and out in only 5 minutes of time Great !!  However  spending weeks of ur own time just to preparing and to complete all ur paperworks, statements, bankbooks, TM30 for your 5 minute meeting u seem to forget that

What a silly comment. At Jomtien all you need is your passport with the previous 90 day report slip. The barcode is scanned and out you go. No paperwork or anything else required.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, david555 said:

Did my 90 day money 800K still on bank 25 Nov. , no ticket needed , at desk 8 waved with their document and  could sit down at outside corner even other people waiting ,checked if all doc. present but did not give even an eye to my open bankbook ,not even 5 minutes . 

The bank book isn't needed for the 90 days check. That's why they didn't look at it. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The bank book isn't needed for the 90 days check. That's why they didn't look at it. 

To my surprise in second reading from their doc. …..you are right sir , I just found it logic when bring in such a important copy they should verify it with the original...

(on top of it a had alsow it a 3 months status from KK bank , that miserables 100 baht fee I found worth it …… I like by confronting them a little bit overkill ….55555 )

But correct by reading it once more ....they don't request the passbook included

90 day notice bank saldo.png

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

To my surprise in second reading from their doc. …..you are right sir , I just found it logic when bring in such a important copy they should verify it with the original...

But correct by reading it once more ....they don't request the passbook included

Immigration doesn't understand logic. If they did, they wouldn't ask for just a copy of the last page in the bank book. They should ask for copies for the last 90 days. 

• Like 1