BANGKOK
Sparkles

Tesco introduces paper carry bags

Tesco did have their own branded cooler bags a while back ,90 baht from memory we bought 2.

Seem to have now disappeared.

Maybe not appealing for the general public only us that are used to them

• Like 1

Tesco have been handing out brown paper bags for months on Wednesday's; they are just one of several stores that agreed to stop dishing out plastic bags on one day a week.   Rimping don't use plastic on Wednesday's either but offer cardboard boxes instead.

Some people seem to be a long way behind with the news !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At Home Pro you find yourself waiting at the check out for a bag to carry your plastic vacuum pressure packs of 10screws, 4 hinges, and 5 small cup hooks.

You are offered a trolley to take them out though!

Absolutely missed the point havnt they.

I think the likes of Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury have delivered an ultimatum to all their suppliers that if their packaging is not enviro friendly by late 2020 then they will will not be stocking their products.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What should be done Is give users of plastic bags to find plant based bags time to come to market I would say 2 years to give them time to produce these bags This is not hard There just has to be incentive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Sparkles Said "Home Pro no longer providing plastic bags". Please note that I was in HomePro wednesday and they offered me a plastic bag, which I refused because the product was already encapsulated in plastic. However, I will have to but the same amount of plastic bin bags in order that I can separate my waste into wet waste, recyclables, paper/cardboard and plastic wrappings for incineration. Most of my neighbours use shopping bags to separate their wet waste from their other waste. If there are no longer waterproof plastic bags for waste separation in the garbage and rubbish bins provided, there is going to be a nasty mess in the bins and it makes it harder for the recyclables and compostables to be separated at the waste transfer stations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They should have smaller shopping trolleys. Then if you forget to bring your own shopping bag you can just put everything back in the trolley and wheel it to the car. The big ones are to large to maneuver narrow spaces.

As for plastic bags, what do most people do with them when they get home ? Throw them away or use them as bin liners ? Most people I know use them as bin liners. So if they are not provided you will just have to buy black plastic bin liners instead.

What they should be trying to invent is a bio degradable bag other than paper.

• Like 1