Using Grab in CM to move apartments

kamma

We helped someone set-up a move recently and explored a number of options for them. Grab was by far the most expensive option of any. Also the drivers wanted an additional 400-500 to help out a little.

You can find people to help move stuff on facebook, or call the numbers posted on lampposts or power poles all over the city. They have furniture blankets, ropes, straps and more professional.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

We helped someone set-up a move recently and explored a number of options for them. Grab was by far the most expensive option of any. Also the drivers wanted an additional 400-500 to help out a little.

You can find people to help move stuff on facebook, or call the numbers posted on lampposts or power poles all over the city. They have furniture blankets, ropes, straps and more professional.

Thank you for that. Will check FB.

I wouldn't really need the driver to help with the lifting I can do that by myself just need for them to drive my stuff over to my place.

But really Grab was the most expensive option for your friend? I checked the app and it was around 250 Baht for the trip with a large Grab van. Last time I moved I hired a guy with a truck and that set me back 1200 Baht.

38 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

If you have lived here a while don’t you know a local Song tow driver who could do it for you.  

How far are you moving and how much stuff?

Unfortunately I don't know any of the local song tow drivers. When I first moved to my currnet apartment I paid around 1200 Baht for a delivery guy with a truck.

I have 2 large suitcases, 6 medium-large size boxes, a large laundry basket full of clothes, a small TV, an office chair and a large fan.

Moving about 5-6 miles.

I was thinking of calling for a Grab van which is supposed to seat 6-7 people. And the app quoted 200-250 Baht for the trip.

4 hours ago, kamma said:

Thank you for that. Will check FB.

I wouldn't really need the driver to help with the lifting I can do that by myself just need for them to drive my stuff over to my place.

But really Grab was the most expensive option for your friend? I checked the app and it was around 250 Baht for the trip with a large Grab van. Last time I moved I hired a guy with a truck and that set me back 1200 Baht.

Unfortunately I don't know any of the local song tow drivers. When I first moved to my currnet apartment I paid around 1200 Baht for a delivery guy with a truck.

I have 2 large suitcases, 6 medium-large size boxes, a large laundry basket full of clothes, a small TV, an office chair and a large fan.

Moving about 5-6 miles.

I was thinking of calling for a Grab van which is supposed to seat 6-7 people. And the app quoted 200-250 Baht for the trip.

That is a really small move! Any option would work for that for around 400-500 Baht. If it was me I would just get a songtaew.

Archived