Peloton bike Christmas advert prompts outrage on social media as critics blast it as 'sexist'

snoop1130

Peloton bike Christmas advert prompts outrage on social media as critics blast it as 'sexist'

By REBECCA SPEARE-COLE

pelotonadvert041219.jpg

A Christmas advert from Peloton has been slammed on social media as "sexist" and "out of touch" (Peloton)

A Christmas advert for exercise bike company Peloton has been slammed as "sexist" and "out of touch".

The advert, which has been viewed more than a million times on YouTube, depicts a woman getting a Peloton bike for Christmas from her male partner. 

She then records a video diary, documenting her year spent using the bike, before presenting it to him to say thank you. 

She says: "A year ago, I didn't realise how much this would change me."

Full Story: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/sexist-peloton-bike-christmas-ad-outrage-a4303981.html

it's 2019,  you are supposed to honor fatties in the body positivity movement.  Perhaps they could have shown that she used the bike as a plant stand while she ate cupcakes? ...and continued her goal of becoming a plus size model?

More inane drivel by an emasculated world. In a world that increasingly is expected to worship huge women, the sight of a thin model makes people uncomfortable. 

I am thankful for the vast size of the Pacific. Little of that drivel seems to have seeped across the ocean. My heart goes out to the Americans. It is a lost culture. A nation on the wane. 

Too many stupid people looking for something to be outraged about.

What a pathetic world we live in.

Billions live in poverty, and stupid wealthy westerners getting exercised over inanities.

We need an old fashioned world war to make the stupid people realise what is actually important in life.

I bought an indoor exercise bike for my missus. It wasn't cheap, but I consider the money well spent. It made her happy because helped her slim down and become even more beautiful. We both benefited. She was thankful and so was I.

What's on earth is wrong with that? 

Maybe some fourth-wave falang feminist who is somehow managing to survive in patriarchal Thailand could tell me. 

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I bought an indoor exercise bike for my missus. It wasn't cheap, but I consider the money well spent. It made her happy because helped her slim down and become even more beautiful. We both benefited. She was thankful and so was I.

What's on earth is wrong with that? 

Maybe some fourth-wave falang feminist who is somehow managing to survive in patriarchal Thailand could tell me. 

Indeed. One friend, a CFO, hadn't bought his wife a Christmas present and it was Christmas Eve. Idiot bought her a lady's dumbell set and a new clothes iron!

Oh, how he suffered and how we laughed!

But an expensive exercise bike - many people would be grateful. Cardio benefits too.

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

America was the Land of the Free. Now the Land of the Easily Offended Politically Correct Affirmative Diversity and Only Whites can be Racists Brigade.

And this is probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest reason why Trump is now in office. The Dems and Left's answer is to continue pandering to this SJW/PC mentality by tacking further left, which will most likely place Trump in office for a second term. And they still don't get it.

image.png.6e4487bc76bfe18ddb9633fcf16a3738.png

Thirty years ago they made it a cause for termination to even look at a female coworker, if she chose to be offended. Why risk it? Keep your head down and work. Employers loved it. Now males are grateful for a reason to avoid ever looking in their direction as they search for the next spot to graze, unless business demands it. Oh, the days of yore. The young ladies initiating much of the frivolity, it was the snarls of the few that spoiled the Christmas party, the St. Paddy's Day parties, the 4th of July swim parties, the after-work drinks, the office romance, the humorous chatter, the very things that camouflaged the awful boredom and life-sucking experience that consumes so much of the average work experience. And I had a good job. More pity to the rest.

i'm reading this on walking street in Pattaya while watching some VIP dancers.....yes, that ad is sexist!!! i'm very offended.  and, yes, only an idiot would do such a lonely thing.  you need interaction with real people in front of you!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Mac98 said:

... it was the snarls of the few that spoiled the Christmas party ...

That's one of the reasons why I never attend my employer's Christmas party.  My out of office sense of humour is also not welcome, as it's not out of office.  It's the same as being in the office.  No thank you.  

8 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. One friend, a CFO, hadn't bought his wife a Christmas present and it was Christmas Eve. Idiot bought her a lady's dumbell set and a new clothes iron!

Oh, how he suffered and how we laughed!

But an expensive exercise bike - many people would be grateful. Cardio benefits too.

Fortunately, she's all heart already!

On 12/6/2019 at 1:09 AM, torturedsole said:

That's one of the reasons why I never attend my employer's Christmas party.  My out of office sense of humour is also not welcome, as it's not out of office.  It's the same as being in the office.  No thank you.  

I worked in the UK for 10 years. 10 years of never complimenting a female co worker's appearance, not saying anything that could be remotely regarded as sexist, never being alone in a room with a female. Luckily I spent 5 weeks a year in LOS as an antidote.

Archived