Legal experts summoned by Democrats call Trump actions impeachable

webfact

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I agree... there is no crime. But the way I read the impeachment process, they don't require a crime to impeach. And this is precisely, IMO, the avenue that is being taken for purely political reasons. A dog and pony show in the critical moments of the next elections cycle. Ultimately, this will play out in a show trial in the Senate, for which a 2/3 majority to act on impeachment will not be reached. It's high stakes now and will be MSM ratings gold for the republicans, as they will now have the opportunity to subpeona witness on their side of this ^(&*( show. 

Both sides can get witnesses. But its not as easy as just calling them.

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Both sides can get witnesses. But its not as easy as just calling them.

Ultimately, this is all political theater for the dumbed down masses who still vote. They are all crooks, in a crooked system. It's fun to watch from a distance however. 

26 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Ultimately, this is all political theater for the dumbed down masses who still vote. They are all crooks, in a crooked system. It's fun to watch from a distance however. 

Finally you've written something that actually makes sense.

1 hour ago, Tounge Thaied said:

I agree... there is no crime. But the way I read the impeachment process, they don't require a crime to impeach. And this is precisely, IMO, the avenue that is being taken for purely political reasons. A dog and pony show in the critical moments of the next elections cycle. Ultimately, this will play out in a show trial in the Senate, for which a 2/3 majority to act on impeachment will not be reached. It's high stakes now and will be MSM ratings gold for the republicans, as they will now have the opportunity to subpeona witness on their side of this ^(&*( show. 

If it actually goes to trial. As I understand it, the Senate could just vote to dismiss. 

That said, I think that if the left doesn’t have a few strong hole-cards left to play, the trial only hurts them. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Still the trial will do nothing good for his 2020 election chances

Finally, the real reason for this farce surfaces.....btw, the American people are wise to this.

Partisan politics.

But his approval ratings have risen since the sham gathered steam. And people saw how weak the case is.

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Finally, the real reason for this farce surfaces.....btw, the American people are wise to this.

Partisan politics.

But his approval ratings have risen since the sham gathered steam. And people saw how weak the case is.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Making things up again? His approval ratings are still pretty much at the same dismal level they've been at for a long time:

image.png.deb4f626c638d5ec90f46de1f61d8535.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

10 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Partisan politics.

His approval or rather his disapproval ratings is worse than all previous past President and even OMG Nixon. Is your poll from discredited Rasmussen.  

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

15 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You're confused, This isn't about being an oracle. Oracles are about predicting the future. This is about your claims on recent polling. In other words, it's about the past.  

Isn't this organ (project five thirty eight) owned by ABC....a rabidly anti trump organisation that has been called out for blatant fake news in the past....I remember an instance when they took a clip shot on some shooting range in the US and presented it as conclusive proof of hostilities triggered by Trump's decision to pull out of syria?

I cant put any sort of faith in an organisation like this....it seems to be part of the "RESISTANCE" so very valuable

to the Dems.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Partisan politics.

Bit like the real reason trump wanted ukraine to announce an investigation in biden.

Perhaps if trump had simply asked his own agencies to do it he wouldnt be in the mess hes in now.

Hes certainly no stable genius.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Partisan politics.

So why are you constantly complaining about it if its helping trump?

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Guaranteed you won't get a logical answer to that one! 

1) attempting to impeach an elected President for no reason at all other than you are still triggered because your preferred candidate lost sets a terrible precedent.

2)Trump has done more than the last dozen Presidents combined to improve the lives and fortunes of Americans. He could have likely achieved even more if it weren't for the constant muck flinging by the left. I hope for a better behaved and more sane opposition during his 2nd term.

1 minute ago, TopDeadSenter said:
15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Guaranteed you won't get a logical answer to that one! 

1) attempting to impeach an elected President for no reason at all other than you are still triggered because your preferred candidate lost sets a terrible precedent.

2)Trump has done more than the last dozen Presidents combined to improve the lives and fortunes of Americans. He could have likely achieved even more if it weren't for the constant muck flinging by the left. I hope for a better behaved and more sane opposition during his 2nd term.

Jingthing, you were absolutely right.

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

why are you constantly complaining about Trump if you know he's going to be impeached, disgraced, removed from office and lose the 2020 election to some stable genius (Biden) from the Democrat party?

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Isn't this organ (project five thirty eight) owned by ABC....a rabidly anti trump organisation that has been called out for blatant fake news in the past....I remember an instance when they took a clip shot on some shooting range in the US and presented it as conclusive proof of hostilities triggered by Trump's decision to pull out of syria?

I cant put any sort of faith in an organisation like this....it seems to be part of the "RESISTANCE" so very valuable

to the Dems.

Right. Track records count for nothing. Even though their methodology is open. In the midterms they called it exactly right in terms of House seats gained by Democrats and Senate seats gained by Republicans. Resorting to conspiracy theory is a cheap and dishonest way to avoid facing reality.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

why are you constantly complaining about Trump if you know he's going to be impeached, disgraced, removed from office and lose the 2020 election to some stable genius (Biden) from the Democrat party?

the dems waiting for their saviour the great, great incapable hillary.

wbr

roobaa01

On 12/8/2019 at 2:02 PM, Sujo said:

No, biden is irrelevant to what trump is accused of doing. What evidence can biden give relating to this investigation?

i kind of understand how trump got elected. There are lots of his supporters that, despite having facts told to them, continue to spout alternative facts.

Of course it's fair 3 Dem legal experts and 1 GOP (and even he was a Dem). Completely FAIR.

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Because the GOP were very fair to Clinton during his process and 'prayerful' Nancy is not. Roll on the Senate!!!  let Biden explain how his disgraced son, booted out of the Navy, get's a job worth millions AND admits without his name he would never have got it. Biden withdrew aid to blackmail the Ukraine's to sack the prosecutor - what part of that do you not understand?

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Cry me a river. Complaining about House rules that the the then-Republicans majority adopted in 2015. ????????????

The House rules said loaded up with Dems?  no witnesses?  no counsel?  don't think so. The American people are not stupid so the Dems can have fun now as they step into the GOP Senate trap. I'm so going to enjoy this.

10 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The House rules said loaded up with Dems?  no witnesses?  no counsel?  don't think so. The American people are not stupid so the Dems can have fun now as they step into the GOP Senate trap. I'm so going to enjoy this.

Dems played by the Reps approved rules. You can’t really complain when the house voted 232-196 for the impeachment rules. Too bad that Trump caused the Reps to lose the house majority. So sad for the bunch of sore losers. 

41 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Because the GOP were very fair to Clinton during his process and 'prayerful' Nancy is not. Roll on the Senate!!!  let Biden explain how his disgraced son, booted out of the Navy, get's a job worth millions AND admits without his name he would never have got it. Biden withdrew aid to blackmail the Ukraine's to sack the prosecutor - what part of that do you not understand?

I don't think they even need to call the Bidens. Lindsey is determined not to take a page from the Dem playbook and turn this dead serious event into a circus of flippantry (my word).

He won't call Schiff either. You dont need them. All you need is to play clips of the hearsay witnesses.

And Sondland saying everything he said he presumed...

I do think they need to get this whistleblower on the stand tho....he's a treasonous SOB who needs to be dissected.

Archived