Legal experts summoned by Democrats call Trump actions impeachable

webfact

22 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

No or yes. I don't care I just don't want anybody like you involved in any further branches of my government. Enjoy Thailand, speak your mind, stay away. 

So why are you posting in a thai forum. Stay away.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its time to wash America clean

That has already started with convictions handed down to the trump inner circle.........the associates of the pathological liar and dumb POS are all tainted, just like him!

Michael Cohen

Former position in Trump's inner circle: Trump's former personal lawyer from 2006 until May 2018, Cohen was well-known as Trump's "fixer."

Verdict: Cohen pleaded guilty on Nov. 29, 2018, for lying to the U.S. Senate to cover up that he was negotiating a real estate deal in Moscow on Trump's behalf during the heat of his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. In August 2018, Cohen pleaded guilty to eight counts of campaign finance violations, tax fraud and bank fraud.

Paul Manafort

Position in Trump's inner circle: Trump's campaign manager from June to Aug. 2016. Manafort joined the campaign team in March 2016.

Verdict: Convicted of eight counts on financial fraud on Aug. 21, 2018. Manafort pleaded guilty to two more counts of conspiracy on Sept. 14. On Nov. 26, Special Counsel Robert Mueller accused Manafort of violating his plea deal by repeatedly lying to investigators.

Michael Flynn

Verdict: Pleaded guilty in December 2017 to one felony count of lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials during the presidential transition.

Rick Gates

Former position in Trump's inner circle: Served as Trump's deputy campaign manager while Paul Manafort, then Kellyanne Conway, ran the campaign in 2016.

Verdict: In a plea deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, Gates pleaded guilty to a count of false statements and one count of conspiracy against the United States in February 2018.

George Papadopoulos

Former position in Trump's inner circle: Foreign policy advisory adviser to Trump's 2016 campaign

Verdict: Pleaded guilty in October 2017 to making false statements to FBI agents. 

Alex van der Zwaan

Relation to Trump's inner circle: van der Zwaan communicated with former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort and his deputy at the time, Rick Gates.

Verdict: The Dutch lawyer pleaded guilty in February 2018 to making a false statement to investigators and was sentenced to 30 days in prison.

Trump confidant Roger Stone: Convicted of lying to Congress

On Nov. 15, longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone was found guilty of all seven counts he faced, including lying to Congress, tampering with a witness and obstructing a congressional investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

20 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Nor any intellectual discourse from the other side. 

And this really cuts to the core of the whole dichotomy. Those two questions are the overlay of whether or not you are a patriotic American. There are many, MANY grey areas that are worthy of debate, but these are not. If you will support a man (who has been proven to be a liar, an adulterer, a cheat, a racist, a homophobe) calling a foreign country to get them involved in a U.S. election, then you are no patriot. It's just that simple.

18 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Just for you...fresh off the cherry tree.....oh wait....it's a liberal rag....lol

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/new-poll-suggests-democrats-impeachment-push-could-alienate-key-voters

Thanks! It's nice when people actually respond to questions with relevant answers.

Interesting poll and information. It shows there is fatigue and that people are both tired of the partisan bickering and perceive that this is more of a political/media circus rather than anything that affects their daily lives. 

On the other hand, it also shows that these things change quite quickly as the difference was in polls between October and early November and mid-November. It remains to be seen if they're able to recapture interest and whether public perception changes again.

1 hour ago, Tounge Thaied said:

What crime did Trump commit? To impeach, there needs to be a "High Crime" or "Misdemeanor." Can you articulate a crime committed?

There have been a few posters who have articulated the crimes quite eloquently. I'd refer you to those.

28 minutes ago, J Town said:

And this really cuts to the core of the whole dichotomy. Those two questions are the overlay of whether or not you are a patriotic American. There are many, MANY grey areas that are worthy of debate, but these are not. If you will support a man (who has been proven to be a liar, an adulterer, a cheat, a racist, a homophobe) calling a foreign country to get them involved in a U.S. election, then you are no patriot. It's just that simple.

Facts are to Trump supporters as holy water is to vampires.

Link: Fox News Legal Analyst: I 'Certainly Would' Vote To Impeach Donald Trump

"Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano on Wednesday said if he were in Congress, he would “certainly” vote to impeach President Donald Trump.

Appearing on “America’s Newsroom,” Napolitano said he believed “the Democrats have credibly argued that [Trump] committed impeachable offenses” in the Ukraine scandal.

“The easiest one, because this existed in Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, is obstruction of Congress,” he explained. “So, by directing his subordinates to refuse to comply with lawfully issued subpoenas, whether it’s for testimony or for documents, that’s an impeachable offense.”"

21 hours ago, Sujo said:

Even the repub witness said what trump did was wrong.

Turleys a democrat who voted for Clinton and yes he was requested by the republicans and yes he said it was he thought it wasn't right but he also said it wasn't impeachable. The rest of his time was criticizing the democrats.

32 minutes ago, Becker said:

Link: Fox News Legal Analyst: I 'Certainly Would' Vote To Impeach Donald Trump

"Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano on Wednesday said if he were in Congress, he would “certainly” vote to impeach President Donald Trump.

Appearing on “America’s Newsroom,” Napolitano said he believed “the Democrats have credibly argued that [Trump] committed impeachable offenses” in the Ukraine scandal.

“The easiest one, because this existed in Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, is obstruction of Congress,” he explained. “So, by directing his subordinates to refuse to comply with lawfully issued subpoenas, whether it’s for testimony or for documents, that’s an impeachable offense.”"

You know that moron of an ex judge is wrong more often that right. But if it comes to a vote Trump will be impeached with out one republican vote and he will still be President. This thing is a waist of time and money plus the fact congress has done nothing in two years.

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

There have been a few posters who have articulated the crimes quite eloquently. I'd refer you to those.

As impeachment is not a criminal process (which the anti trumpers like to say...and I agree), I prefer

not to refer to these charges as crimes.

Let us refer to them as grounds for impeachment...

And they are very flimsy...once we get Biden and son on the stand everyone will see exactly why Trump saw the 

Ukraine as shockingly corrupt...and was right to want to know what was going on.

21 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

You know that moron of an ex judge is wrong more often that right.

I wouldn't call him a moron....he was under the false impression that Trump once 

interviewed him for a Supreme Court position. So his rancour is understandable.

9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Seems trump is wrong yet again.

Barr doesnt agree with the IG report so hand picked a prosecutor. The prosecutor agrees with the IG report.

Better find another on mr barr. Running out of excuses.

https://news.yahoo.com/attorney-general-barrs-hand-picked-114938708.html

In TVF, we are soon going to read claims that Durham and Horowitz are deep state.

25 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

As impeachment is not a criminal process (which the anti trumpers like to say...and I agree), I prefer

not to refer to these charges as crimes.

Let us refer to them as grounds for impeachment...

And they are very flimsy...once we get Biden and son on the stand everyone will see exactly why Trump saw the 

Ukraine as shockingly corrupt...and was right to want to know what was going on.

Don't dream too much.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chief-justice-john-roberts-clashed-trump-oversee-impeachment/story?id=66210969

10 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Barr doesnt agree with the IG report so hand picked a prosecutor. The prosecutor agrees with the IG report.

Won't be long until even the slimy sycophant Barr is out. Man, it must be starting to get crowded under that bus!

My view/opinion as outsider(I am Belgian) based on what I read here :

For the Mr. Trump followers, Mr. Trump is anyhow innocent for everything he may be accused of, is accused of, everything he may be accused of in the future. 

For Mr. Trump opposers everything he did, do, and will do is, no matter what, wrong. 

Except I presume if he would resign. 

Of course my opinion, like every opinion stated here, has no real value,

but just an expression of a personal inpression of the events. 

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Trumpers had high expectations about these two reports. I guess some popcorn will end up in the trash can!????

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in biased media (WAPO lol) trying to sow doubt and confusion about a report

that hasn't been released. Just some unconfirmed rumours and hearsay...much like the whole impeachment 

saga. Wait till Monday before popping the champagne.

49 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in biased media (WAPO lol) trying to sow doubt and confusion about a report

that hasn't been released. Just some unconfirmed rumours and hearsay...much like the whole impeachment 

saga. Wait till Monday before popping the champagne.

Says the poster who labels the bidens as guilty.

Just now, Sujo said:

Says the poster who labels the bidens as guilty.

You don't think Hunter working for a company he knows nothing about, does not speak the language, for substantial gain because he's the VP's son is worthy of anything?  Daddy then gets the prosecutor fired?  by doing the very same thing he accuses Trump of is worthy of note?  really???  what if Don Jr. was on the board?   you'd be having a fit.

19 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You don't think Hunter working for a company he knows nothing about, does not speak the language, for substantial gain because he's the VP's son is worthy of anything?  Daddy then gets the prosecutor fired?  by doing the very same thing he accuses Trump of is worthy of note?  really???  what if Don Jr. was on the board?   you'd be having a fit.

Do ypu want the facts explained to you again or are you happy to ignore them.

Ukraine had no investigation running on biden. US, EU, IMF pressures the prosecutor to be fired. 

After being fired hunter is investigated. Ukraine says nothing there.

Facts are real pesky.

I wouldn't jump to calling Bidens guilty just yet.

But the facts make them look very very shady and sleazy.

Peddling access, influence. Seems like par for the course in Washington.

What is absolutely not shady is asking Ukraine hey, what is going on here?

17 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

What is absolutely not shady is asking Ukraine hey, what is going on here?

On this you warp the narrative. Let's be clear - can you answer these two questions:

1. Do you acknowledge Trump called the Ukraine president and ask him to say on television that the Ukraine was performing an investigation into Biden corruption? (Trump already admitted this)

2. Do you find it acceptable for a U.S. president to request a foreign nation get involved in an American election?

Forget the money, forget the lawyer nonsense on either side, forget the "quid pro quo." These two questions get to the core of unpatriotic behavior. Are you OK with this?

It's on to the Senate folks.... and Nadler, who schiff has handed things over to, is, I have to be careful here as the admins are pretty sensititive to adjectives so I will remain polite, ????????, is an even less intelligent being that Schiff. Nadler, sensing the fact that this Ukraine gait hoax is over, is making the disastrous mistake of dragging in the now discredited Russia-Gait hoax argument in which he is actually diluted enough to think he can gin up the Ukraine-hoax and try to make it look stronger before he goes to the Senate. This will be a huge gift to the Republicans. Imagine subpeonas for Hunter Biden, Chulupa, Glenn Simpson, Christopher Steele (the fake Steele Dossier), Bruce ore, Lisa page, Peter Struck, Andrew McCabe, Halper, Etc., Etc., all subject to cross examination... it will be MSM ratings Gold. A real circus side show. The Democrats will get slaughtered at the ballot box, the next vote they are going to get slaughtered if they take this all the way to the Senate. 

Archived