Cheap Tea

ThePugAndMe

Tesco have Peppermint Tea from around 198 Baht (£5)

Also on Lazada if you want to buy and FREE shipping and less hassle brought to your door.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tesco-peppermint-infusion-tea-uk-imported-15-x-40-i251389851-s388077283.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.3e4f3bf8gEofW9&search=1

Many other brands and flavors there too !

Check out Big C @ Ekkamai. Last week I bought mulberry tea there (53 THB for 20 smallish bags). There were other herbal teas from the same brand (herbal house) on the shelf, but I cannot remember if they had camomile or mint.

And if you want to buy in bulk, definitely try Lazada, as others suggest. Decent Chinese green teas (e.g. lung ching), oolongs and puerh are quite reasonably priced.

[edit] just check on the http://herbalhouse.info/products-3.html website - only local herbs, no mint or camomile.

Here is my go to...since 1945..200 grams for 60 THB.  Get a baller or infuser..I bought the stainless steel ball type for about 80 THB..you really get used to not getting the bag flavor.  99.98% green tea powder, and the rest a natural flavoring..up until a year ago it was 100% green tea.  Great to partially freeze and travel with on the frequent hot days.

IMG_20191212_184924.jpg

Don't be a cheap Charlie. Cheap tea = bad quality, full of chemicals and pesticides. Buy only organic LOOSE tea. Tea bags are terrible for your health as all tea bags contain millions of plastic particles which they release into the tea. The more expensive, the better the tea. 

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

Don't be a cheap Charlie. Cheap tea = bad quality, full of chemicals and pesticides. Buy only organic LOOSE tea. Tea bags are terrible for your health as all tea bags contain millions of plastic particles which they release into the tea. The more expensive, the better the tea. 

I actually ran across something about this recently, and as it turns out it's the expensive teas using a new development called "silken" bags that may be dangerous. The old cheap bags are made of paper and probably much safer. Here's an excerpt:  

You may be swallowing billions of tiny plastic particles while sipping a cup of freshly brewed gourmet tea, a new study from McGill University in Montreal suggests.

Many fancier teas now come in "silken" bags instead of paper. Some of them are pyramid-shaped, which is billed as a way to make room for the large leaves in premium teas to expand. 

Nathalie Tufenkji, a professor of chemical engineering at the Montreal university, was surprised to find one such bag in the tea she ordered from a coffee shop one morning.

It looked like plastic, she recalled. "I said, 'Oh God, I'm sure if it's plastic it's, like, breaking down into the tea.'"

So when she got into the lab, she asked her graduate student, Laura Hernandez, to go out and buy a bunch from different brands.

Sure enough, Hernandez's lab tests showed that when steeped in hot water, the tea bags released microplastic and even smaller nanoplastic particles — and not just the hundreds or thousands Tufenkji had been expecting.

"We were shocked when we saw billions of particles in a single cup of tea," she said.

Archived