Trump administration moves to remove 700,000 people from food stamps

webfact

Let me tell you something that I saw, personally....

In 1992, when I was 18, moved to Vegas and was working for a big Supermarket as a Carry-out person. 

I was scraping buy, living basically off of Ramen Noodles and $1 Whoppers, driving a beat up car.

Lady and 2 or 3 kids comes in, buys $450 wirth if food. Steaks, other meats, sodas, chips,... you name it, all paid for with Food Stamps.

I help take her 2 over full carts out to her big Cadillac, tinted windows, a stack of about 30 CDs.... booming stereo system (when she turned Car on it was thumping)... 

You think I saw this scenario only once?... over and over...

While I was actually working a job, scraping by.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

In 1992, when I was 18, moved to Vegas and was working for a big Supermarket as a Carry-out person. 

I was scraping buy, living basically off of Ramen Noodles and $1 Whoppers, driving a beat up car.

Lady and 2 or 3 kids comes in, buys $450 wirth if food. Steaks, other meats, sodas, chips,... you name it, all paid for with Food Stamps.

I help take her 2 over full carts out to her big Cadillac, tinted windows, a stack of about 30 CDs.... booming stereo system (when she turned Car on it was thumping)... 

Some of these "conners" make more money than legitimate business people like me make.

(Las Vegas, 1992. Hot dogs could be bought on the strip 3/$100, buffet breakfast in Circus Circus for some ridiculously small amount)

Fast forward to 2013 when I was between jobs for about 2-1/2 months. 

I applied for Unemployment, and got told that I did not qualify.... what?

Granted,  $880 is not a lot,  but it would have bought my wife and children food....

I have lived in that Town almost my entire life,  always worked,  always paid my taxes...  then when I actually need some legit help for only a couple months....  I get told that I do not qualify?

So...  yes, I like that Trump wants people who have been for years only scamming the System, taking  OUR Tax Dollars, not wanting to work because Obama just gave them free stuff (nothing us ever "free") ... to stop.

That is a good thing.

17 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

I've seen that scenario play out over and over in Hawaii. 

The one that stands out the most for me was the time I was on my way to work and stopped by the grocery store for a few things.  I was in line behind a mid 20's local girl dressed up like a hooker wearing a sexy mini skirt, 6" pumps, lots of large gold Hawaiian bracelets and gold rings, 1/2 ton of makeup, sporting tattoos and buying a cart full of rib eye steaks, T-bone steaks, lobster tails, sushi platters, several tubs of raw fish (at $16.00 a pound), a tub of macaroni salad and other goodies which she paid for with her EBT card.

She also had several cases of Heineken beer, several cases of Corona beer, a few bottles of Tequila and a few bottles of rum, some cigs and some rolling papers (for which she paid cash).  To top it off, she had the bag boy push her groceries out to her gold colored lifted H-2 Hummer parked right outside the front door in a handicap stall.

The cashier and I locked eyes as the woman was leaving and we both just shook our heads and rolled our eyes.  The cashier then said to me:  No shame... I agreed.

Archived