Drunk driver blames his GPS after he gets stuck on the railway line

webfact

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Real men accept responsibility when they create problems. Real men are able to accept blame when they do something really dumb and inane. Real men behave like men, and not adolescents. Real men do not do everything in their power to deflect, blame, and distort the facts. 

Small men do the opposite. Nothing is ever their fault. 

It really is no different than a small child denying point blank that they did something wrong. Where we come from, after the age of six or seven most of us learn to own up. It's called maturing. In Thailand, the maturing part doesn't happen. Thais are too afraid of losing face and therefore are incapable of advancing beyond the actions of a small child.

Although this clown is full of bull, I have to say I have been really surprised with some of the routes my Garmin GPS has chosen. I have driven what could be considered "off road", passed through parking lots, and come across dead ends.

There is a minute chance that the GPS did point him this direction, and he was too drunk to know better.

6 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

If you look at the photo again, the concrete structure to the right is carrying a railway line.  HSR will also be above grade and the lowing herd and away from incapable drivers like this one. .

I think you fail to take into consideration the Thai determination of trying to get the car 30 feet up in the air on the tracks

Right now, turn left.

Must say that I've had a few one sided discussions with the GPS from time to time.

The worst one is getting on the motorway to pattaya coming back from Sakeao. 

The signs say keep left. 

The gps stays keep right. 

Many a u turn there.

GPS is correct. 

Keep right then go to the left. Tollway. 

20191205_175217.jpg

Never forget the story from my uncle who was a train driver back in the 80's.

Pair of 1/2 drunk twits turned up at a west Qld property asking directions.

Drover said yeah, just follow the track here until you get to the local pub, which they did to the letter.

Uncle came round the corner and cleaned up the Morris 1100 which was slap bang in the middle of the tracks.

Luckily they saw the train coming and had enough sense to get out.

1100 became a rear engine model in a matter of seconds.

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's the 2nd driver using the railway tracks in just a few days,

so interesting times ahead if when or ever they get the fast trains

in operation.I expect they will be fenced along both sides of the

track, but they will find a way to cross or even get onto the tracks.

regards Worgeordie

Apparently the fast train will be elevated, but I expect the pillars could still take a hammering!

58 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Assuming you are referring to my post, I did say he was too drunk to know better.

It was just a sly remark, basically Thais when in an accident come up withe excuses, like brake failure etc etc so the remark was basically are they going to blame the GPS now?

On another note, I've always felt GPS like talking or Texting should be forbidden it is an distraction especially when drivers or moving.

I see everyday an common practice drivers in cars, motorbikes, on phones, texting why because they can there is no enforcement zero. Daily I see motorbike delivery drivers like Grabs using their phones GPS to find locations while moving.

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's the 2nd driver using the railway tracks in just a few days,

so interesting times ahead if when or ever they get the fast trains

in operation.I expect they will be fenced along both sides of the

track, but they will find a way to cross or even get onto the tracks.

regards Worgeordie

It's much easier if you take the tyres off. Then you are a locomotive. 

The Japanese had such things in Thailand a few years ago.

There is nothing new under the sun.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road–rail_vehicle?wprov=sfla1

14 minutes ago, Grusa said:

It's much easier if you take the tyres off. Then you are a locomotive. 

The Japanese had such things in Thailand a few years ago.

There is nothing new under the sun.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road–rail_vehicle?wprov=sfla1

Related image   I guess the allies had the same idea.   

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jeeps_adapted_for_running_on_railway_tracks_head_southwards_from_Mandalay,_Burma,_21_March_1945._SE3615.jpg

37 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

On another note, I've always felt GPS like talking or Texting should be forbidden it is an distraction especially when drivers or moving.

Yes: My GPS is almost as distracting as my speedometer! 

10 hours ago, Vacuum said:

So he blindly followed the GPS anad didn't realized that he was driving on the railroad? He should stop drinking as he obviously can't handle alcohol.

Better to stop driving. Leave the driving to Grab, and concentrate on what you enjoy.

10 hours ago, NE1 said:

If there is a left turn just after the level crossing , the GPS will tell you to " turn left now " which I presume is what this muppet did. 

Without powers of observation it seems, I know some roads here are atrocious, but not as bad as it would have felt the minute you were on the rail line.

Archived