Pattaya Video: Attack at Coffee Shop - negative image for resort

webfact

Pattaya Video: Attack at Coffee Shop - negative image for resort

6pm.jpg
Video screenshot

Pattaya Watchdog posted a video of a Thai woman with a foreign tourist that showed what they said was someone selling things from shop to shop. 

The footage came from a coffee shop in Soi Bua Khao, they said, and showed something being thrown at a Thai woman who did not report a complaint. 

Pattaya Watchdog said the "farang was perplexed" by what he saw. 

It was a negative image for Pattaya. 

City Hall were apparently called but the site did not know if "tessakit" officers had shown up. 

Source: Pattaya Watchdog

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-05

I would have thought it was the least of their problems. I have just been unfortunate enough to spend 2 nights in Patts visiting friends.

My conclusion is it's a plague waiting to happen. What with the stench from the drains, and the Rats everywhere + fumes from the traffic. 

I can see in a couple of years or even sooner the place will have to be quarantined off. A bit of whatever lobbed at someone minor stuff. I would be more worried you don't get a dose of the Black Plague or something along those lines.

I can see now the dark side is fine replies. I went there and apart from the stench it's much the same.

I will say their are some good points. The shopping is very diverse. Just you wont be alive long enough to enjoy it. Enjoy whilst it/you lasts.

24 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I would have thought it was the least of their problems. I have just been unfortunate enough to spend 2 nights in Patts visiting friends.

My conclusion is it's a plague waiting to happen. What with the stench from the drains, and the Rats everywhere + fumes from the traffic. 

I can see in a couple of years or even sooner the place will have to be quarantined off. A bit of whatever lobbed at someone minor stuff. I would be more worried you don't get a dose of the Black Plague or something along those lines.

I can see now the dark side is fine replies. I went there and apart from the stench it's much the same.

I will say their are some good points. The shopping is very diverse. Just you wont be alive long enough to enjoy it. Enjoy whilst it/you lasts.

Well i am sure we are all pleased you wont bother coming back ,

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Such incidents should be the least concerns when it comes to the negative images of pattaya, as much much worse stauff is going on there...

Yeah, sure! Then we can just look away from and just not care about things that you consider unimportant.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Pattaya is known as Patts all over Thailand. It's also called many other things but TVF won't let me put those ones in.

Sure, I know all of that. I wonder why farang give such names when in fact the name of the place is Pattaya, not a difficult word, but in reality most farang pronounce the full word Pattaya quite incorrectly. Just my venting for today.

If it were just this ... the image of Pattaya is now destroyed by everything that happens daily, dirty sea, dirty beach, thieves and cheats taxi drivers, just to name a few!
However such behavior is unacceptable!

42 minutes ago, 30la said:

If it were just this ... the image of Pattaya is now destroyed by everything that happens daily, dirty sea, dirty beach, thieves and cheats taxi drivers, just to name a few!
However such behavior is unacceptable!

Not new..... back in the late 80s cute little kids would tug at your sleeve and heart strings with a little tray of gum, plastic lighters, sweets and the like.... and steal your Zippo if you weren't watching them.

These vendors are annoying when a person is trying to eat, they have been around Pattaya for many years traveling from one coffee shop/restaurant to the next on their motor bikes.

I have seen some do carry weapons (stun gun) in their man-bags and threaten tourists who refuse to buy.

The local business owners have said if they tell the vendors not to come inside the business the vendors will make problems for their business.

And the Police/City Gov't. do nothing about them. TIT

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Looks like the locals are getting restless,and angry,

just the other day a mob of restaurant workers chasing

a Farang in Phuket.

regards Worgeordie

The restaurant workers weren't from Phuket. They came from Myanmar.

10 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Well i am sure we are all pleased you wont bother coming back ,

What a glib thing to say. He gave his point of view and what a very nasty reply. His points are valid and if you can't accept other people's views on a place then post a counter statement. The fact that violence and crime rises when money is no longer available from tourism. These signs should start to worry the expat community especially when every one now has a 400,000baht ~ to 800,000baht target on their back. 

Archived