Pattaya Video: Attack at Coffee Shop - negative image for resort

webfact

Regardless of any propaganda the authorities try to expound to the contrary, it's obvious to any local in Pattaya, as well as may other tourist locations, it is in a deep recession. 

Local Thais who are reliant on selling to tourists are suffering, because the Chinese and Indians don't spent money with them to the same extent the independent Expat tourists do. 

Immigration policies restricting Expats as well as BOT exchange rate policies have cut the throat of tourist Expat reliant tourist economies. 

The glaring flaw with these Governmental policies is that they obviously believe that tourists will still come after the heart and soul has been ripped out of these holiday destinations.

Tourists come here NOT for its beaches, its beauty, but for its character, its heart and soul.

Nobody chooses to go to a "ghost town" as a holiday destination!

In the meantime expect crime to become a serious problem because if these people can't earn a living then they will do whatever it takes to survive!

6 hours ago, Scot123 said:

What a glib thing to say. He gave his point of view and what a very nasty reply. His points are valid and if you can't accept other people's views on a place then post a counter statement. The fact that violence and crime rises when money is no longer available from tourism. These signs should start to worry the expat community especially when every one now has a 400,000baht ~ to 800,000baht target on their back. 

The post earned a rude reply!

2 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

Local Thais who are reliant on selling to tourists are suffering, because the Chinese and Indians don't spent money with them to the same extent the independent Expat tourists do. 

My heart bleeds for the poor dears!

The thing that tarnishes Pattaya''s reputation most is the police harassment of motorists whilst doing nothing to lower the 2nd worst casualty figures in Thailand.

Why can't hoteliers/town hall/ business leaders see this and complain?   Try getting in to Tesco's whilst the daily banditry is taking place on Thepprasit.

13 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

It is high time to cleanup Pattaya...get rid of beer bars, massage parlors, go-go bars, street-walkers, street vendors, and underage beach prostitutes....

Send them back to the Issan rice patties...

Apart from the final one or two....no thanks!

18 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Pattaya is known as Patts all over Thailand. It's also called many other things but TVF won't let me put those ones in.

No, it's not.. 

Patters has it beat... but only among those who often travel to Bangers, Honkers, etc.

15 hours ago, SmoothOperator said:

are there places in TH where these things are not this way? wonder where.

Took me a few years to find one, but they are still around if you search hard. You just have to get out a bit more. Glad to say you don't get any Hooker bars, over the top prices. (example of prices for food, I paid 150bht in Pattaya) for the same thing I could get here for 40bht and you do get a genuine Thai Smile. Only one small problem you have to speak at least some Thai. Works for me. 

Just another lunatic on speed in bad mood about Thai woman going with farang?

I took the effort to watch the scene frame by frame.

Looks like he picks up one of his flip-flops and hammers on the table, not throw.

He obviously keeps it in hand and then puts it down again.

That frame is after the "bang":

lunatic.jpg

On 12/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, Jessi said:

The friendly family resort AGAIN. 

Go Pattaya!!!!????

yes nobody there so they either steal bags or gold now if they can !!! but everybody getting wise to the demise of pattaya now no one there Empty  the Downfall HaHa i Saw this coming for the last 2 years i got out .

On 12/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, KenKadz said:

These vendors are annoying when a person is trying to eat, they have been around Pattaya for many years traveling from one coffee shop/restaurant to the next on their motor bikes.

I have seen some do carry weapons (stun gun) in their man-bags and threaten tourists who refuse to buy.

The local business owners have said if they tell the vendors not to come inside the business the vendors will make problems for their business.

And the Police/City Gov't. do nothing about them. TIT

Honestly I must have been approached over 2000 times in my visits to Pattaya, sometimes ten times an hour, I think I've bought only twice. Never has anything aggressive come my way from any of them. Maybe because I respond with a smile, a raised palm and a polite 'no thank you.'

On 12/5/2019 at 11:14 AM, Puchaiyank said:

It is high time to cleanup Pattaya...get rid of beer bars, massage parlors, go-go bars, street-walkers, street vendors, and underage beach prostitutes....

Send them back to the Issan rice patties...

Mr Puritan without vice their would be no Pattiya in fact there would be no phukett in fact no tourists. You do realise that vice for non Thai's is only 10% of total vice in Thailand. You should take a drive down Rachada and look at the beautiful hotels at the side of the road. Don't worry you can't get in as they are reserved for Thai's (they are all brothels). 

5 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Mr Puritan without vice their would be no Pattiya in fact there would be no phukett in fact no tourists. You do realise that vice for non Thai's is only 10% of total vice in Thailand. You should take a drive down Rachada and look at the beautiful hotels at the side of the road. Don't worry you can't get in as they are reserved for Thai's (they are all brothels). 

Was meant as a bit of humor...????

Archived