Thailand launches campaign to attract more Asia-Pacific travelers

webfact

Thailand launches campaign to attract more Asia-Pacific travelers

Source: Xinhua | Editor: yan

con.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, Dec. 5 (Xinhua) -- Thailand has launched a campaign to attract more travelers in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferencing and exhibitions) category from the Asia-Pacific region throughout this year.

Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) assistant director Wichaya Sunthornsarathun confirmed on Wednesday that the agency has planned to attract some 10,000 more travelers in the MICE category from the Asia-Pacific region throughout this year.

Some 1.16 million MICE travelers visited Thailand last year, about half of whom came from the Asia-Pacific region, she said.

Full story: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-12/04/c_138605892.htm

-- Xinhua 2019-12-05

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Some 1.16 million MICE travelers visited Thailand last year, about half of whom came from the Asia-Pacific region, she said.

So, about 553,000 MICE travelers cam from the Asia Pacific region and "planned to attract some 10,000 more travelers in the MICE category from the Asia-Pacific region throughout this year."

So, this campaign plans to attract 1.8% more MICE travelers?

Aim higher kid. 10% would be a D-grade.

40 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Just remember that you will have to prove your income for the last 3 months (even if you are a very successful business person) from Taiwan.

It wouldn't be a tourist visa would it? It would be a work or business visa. Totally different rules.

1 hour ago, MeePeeMai said:

I'm not sure. do you need a business visa to attend a meeting or a conference?

I don't think so....last month in impact muang thong thanee there were thousands of chinese all joining some business meeting there...i can't imagine they all had a business visa.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

I was in the malls all day and counted 20 farang in total.

I guess it all depends where you are or where you go. I stayed a couple of weeks

in a hotel in Nong Prue, and that place was full of farangs,no Indians or Chinese

just a few Thais. I also had lunch a couple of times at the Hilton,and it was very busy.

Pattaya to be twinned with Skegness. The Town council will send a fact finding group to Walking and drinking street, a reciprocal visit will see local dignitaries explore the delights of Butlins Skegness and meet "redcoats".

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Only reason I can think of of having a convention in Pattaya is so all the male attendees can get some booty later on. 

There is no prostitution in Pattaya, it has been confirmed by the police (after a thorough investigation). 

Archived