BANGKOK
pookiki

Insurance primer for those seeking health insurance policies who are aged 70 or over

5 minutes ago, pookiki said:

I think 'reality sucks' would be the better description. Do you see something factually wrong in my post?

not so many facts, as its thoughts

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pookiki said:

If all else fails, use a broker to secure your next extension of stay who, I’m sure, will be able to navigate the Thai immigration system in respect to both income and insurance requirements.

I have yet to see any confirmation that an agent can secure a retirement extension (based off an O-A entry) WITHOUT having an approved Thai Health Insurance policy.  I do recall someone posting that he had asked his agent and was told that he would need to have an approved policy for his next extension and that there was no way around that one (even while using an agent).

Do you have confirmation from a reliable agent that this is indeed possible?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

The only caveat I woukd add is that this post refers only to the Immigration mandated policies from lical companies.

Getting an expat policy from an international company is a very different experience.

So those thinking of "real" insurance (as opposed to meeting OA visa requirement) should not be deterred.  You will not be saddled with exclysions for conditions you do not have nor will yoyr premiums be increased based on claim history if you get a policy from a reluable international company. Abd many of them have direct payment arrzngements with Thai hospitals.

Also -' of the insuters on the Imm "list" I think only one (Pacific Cross) offers deductible option.

Yes, your post is correct with the 'caveat' noted and especially about 'real' insurance.  For those of us 70 and above, you would be doing us a great service in discussing the ability to obtain an initial policy, likely annual premiums, and any restrictions on age and renewal.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:44 PM, pookiki said:

I think 'reality sucks' would be the better description. Do you see something factually wrong in my post?

I have no idea if there are any fallacies... but, at the moment, I have not been told that I need insurance, so, I have not been offered a policy to review... 

as far as I can see, you are telling me how awful a policy is that I am not currently required to buy... so, not sure I get this post or its relevance... 

Correct? Please let me know if not correct... 

• Like 1