Thai People and the Law.

Pilotman

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I have lived in quite a few countries over the years, 

So have I but not so much lived in, worked in, so after 15 years here I find Thailand refreshing and free, Immigration, local police & govt where I live are good helpful people.

Couldn't wait to finish up work quick enough and get deleted ell out of UK.

To name a few Saudi was deleted, Nigeria was deleted, Russia was great but deleted very cold. ????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

Just like in the case of Jimmy and Monica, they do it because they can. And even if somebody in a position of authority catches them, the "punishment" is usually a ticking-off, or at most a small fine. John Burdett reckoned this was something to do with the Buddhist culture of being punished by being shamed, aka losing face. It doesn't work with us farang heathens, which is why our governments must send us to jail for many years for crimes that might cost a Thai a 500 Baht fine and a good telling-off. Until they get realistic about the penalties, you can expect people to continue doing whatever they feel like.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

And in your former country they are all law abiding citizens of course, with a perfect police force and justice system.

My country is a <deleted>hole full of Somali refugees claiming free houses and benefits, same as your country Fritz.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1