One YT Blogger Claims More Than 50% Of Expats Have Left

Mitkof Island

11 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Why ?

Sarcasm aside - more information would be needed to provide any kind of a meaningful reply.

How did he estimate this value? Was this the typical "I went to my favorite bar/club/resort/mall/... yesterday. It was empty, ergo all falang left this country and will never return." or does he actually have some concrete stats to offer?

1 minute ago, shadowofacloud said:

Sarcasm aside - more information would be needed to provide any kind of a meaningful reply.

How did he estimate this value? Was this the typical "I went to my favorite bar/club/resort/mall/... yesterday. It was empty, ergo all falang left this country and will never return." or does he actually have some concrete stats to offer?

No he never does with any of his claims. His cult members believe anything he says. He calls himself The Messiah Of Truth

55 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

What Are Your Thoughts ?

My thoughts is that the only thing that has left, is the last outpost of cells defending insanity taking over the bloggers brain has left.

On the other hand, if he is right. I am the first one to be happy.

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

What Are Your Thoughts ?

Who cares ..

Not true..

just trying to get more channel hits....

cant stand you tube bloggers...

anyone that believes it is an idiot..

why am I even wasting my time replying....

9 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Who cares ..

Not true..

just trying to get more channel hits....

cant stand you tube bloggers...

anyone that believes it is an idiot..

why am I even wasting my time replying....

You haven't watched "Cruising the cut" vlog then....?   ????

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Over the last 6 years Most of my expat long term staying friends here have left.

His figure of 50% seems on the low side.

Yes, I agree, 50% is low, all my friends have left the country.

Only one still visiting for 2 months a year.

50% is the laziest guess ever.  the idiot that said that did zero research, and i'm sure doesn't factor in more short-term travelers from China or even Thais who are wealthier than before.  i'm an idiot for posting on this idiot stuff.    

One YT Blogger said in 2000 that the baht would go to zero against all currencies and housing prices in CM would fall 90%.  

The only people I know who've had to leave in the past couple of years have been a couple of 'unqualified' English teachers who couldn't get work permits, were working illegally and decided to no longer chance it. 

Everyone else is working here legally (work permitted) or can easily meet other visa requirements. 

For those who consider 50% (or a large number of Expats) have left, it is those whose friends have been unable to meet the 800k or proof of income requirements, but that doesn't make up the high percentages claimed. 

My estimate would be <5% have left as a result of the more strict requirements, which is quite likely inaccurate because I know few people in the demographic more likely to be impacted by more stringent requirements. 

Archived