One YT Blogger Claims More Than 50% Of Expats Have Left

Mitkof Island

33 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Maybe the vlogger needs to find a new pub?

Maybe finally give up creating constant drama out of thin to get views. This i believe made the top ten list of the best statements he has made this year. Drinking certainly is not helping matters.

I don’t know, but would be surprised if 50% had left, but not surprised that those with flexibility on where they stay have left. But those with Thai relationships and kids are probably least likely to abandon ship. But if they are struggling financially they may have no choice. Unless you are enormously wealthy you are simply not welcome ... and that’s the truth.

16 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

The subject is. Have 50% or more of expats have recently left Thailand. True or False . Any opinions on the subject at hand ?

We have no way of tracking this. People saying none of the people they know have left or all of the people they know have left are simply sharing anecdotes. I think it's obvious though that the volume of people leaving has increased in the last few years for obvious reasons (multiple negative visa changes AND exchange rates).

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I don’t know, but would be surprised if 50% had left, but not surprised that those with flexibility on where they stay have left. But those with Thai relationships and kids are probably least likely to abandon ship. But if they are struggling financially they may have no choice. Unless you are enormously wealthy you are simply not welcome ... and that’s the truth.

So you believe that is the case for all visa types for expats ? unless you are enormously wealthy ? And how many expats NOT effected by the visa changes are enormously wealthy. My hunch less than 10%. So in your opinion most expats have to leave Thailand ?

19 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

The subject is. Have 50% or more of expats have recently left Thailand. True or False . Any opinions on the subject at hand ?

I have no idea what you're on about mush in our village a Italian man has been here 35 years more or so, a German man about 20 years, me a Englishman 15 years and a Norway man 14 years, the only ones I have heard of leaving the Sukhothai area is because of death, divorce, or lack of funds.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

I have no idea what you're on about mush in our village a Italian man has been here 35 years more or so, a German man about 20 years, me a Englishman 15 years and a Norway man 14 years, the only ones I have heard of leaving the Sukhothai area is because of death, divorce, or lack of funds.

I never said more than 50% of expats have left Thailand recently . A YouTube channel mentioned this today. Not myself.

Archived