Kittens for Christmas?

Sheryl

I once not so long ago raised a tiny  kitten way before it left moms milk and i called him Milo i thought he would never make it, he was dumped out side my place but i had to dig deep and feel sorry for him...trained him up to follow me around my place to rid it of those pesky jing jucks ...long story short OK ? he later attacked baby snakes but brought them back to my door and he must have bit off more than could chew some time later ... RIP i miss the wee thing.

6 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

The gender of the kittens would be of interest as well.

I live in Prachinburi but will travel to deliver these angels to a good home.

The kittens are still too small to be sure of gender but the calicos must be female as calicos always are (well 99.9%...if male then they are worth a lot of money!) and the mother obviously is female. As the 2 black ones already have homes lined up that leaves just the cream colored one (who is quite pretty) still unknown. 

Male or female, should be neutered. I am quite willing to pay for that, but it can't be done on the kittens till they are older.  Mum will go under the knife pretty soon.

2 hours ago, ireckonso said:

Im sleeping on the floor now ! Good luck on finding them homes. Maybe santa will bring me a bigger bed.

IMG_20191205_214147.thumb.jpg.d92268c27d2ff9a78e73c76024fbfee1.jpg

LOL

That's actually the same number (9) as I currently have though 5 of the 9 at my place are little kittens...and you'll never see al 9 lying peacefully together! The babies and Momma yes but never my 3 original cats.

My original cat (see Avatar) takes the position that she should be the only pet and violently (and I do mean violently) objects to the presence of any other cat.

Cat #2 in order of arrival was just a kitten (badly maimed) when I go him and would probably have grown up OK with other cats had he not suffered abuse at the hands of cat #1 but thanks to her, at the very sight of another cat he (now the picture of health and strength) goes into immediate and serious attack mode.

He is  locked in a daily struggle with cat #3, who likewise joined the household as a baby and has been inculcated into this  tragic cycle of hating other cats. ..  it is an endless rerun of roadrunner vs Wiley Coyote with  only a good  bit bloodier.

All 3 have to be kept physically apart at all times, it is worse than living on the Gaza strip and I have twice been sent tot the ER with injuries sustained from fighting cats. . ...you get the picture.

The new Momma cat and her off spring are all being sheltered in the garden shed for their own protection which is wearing more than a little thin now that they are ambulatory and playful.

Anyhow @ireckonso you are off the hook and kudos for taking all 9 of these in! I trust  they are all spayed and neutered!

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I live in Prachinburi but will travel to deliver these angels to a good home.

The kittens are still too small to be sure of gender but the calicos must be female as calicos always are (well 99.9%...if male then they are worth a lot of money!) and the mother obviously is female. As the 2 black ones already have homes lined up that leaves just the cream colored one (who is quite pretty) still unknown. 

Male or female, should be neutered. I am quite willing to pay for that, but it can't be done on the kittens till they are older.  Mum will go under the knife pretty soon.

Hope to see a purrrrrrfect ending to this tail .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TPI said:

Do the world a favour, honestly, have them neutered, then try again!

As already stated I will do so. But with the kittens it has to wait a few months. I will guarantee to pay for it. Mom's getting neutered next week.

It is always a dilemma with kittens because people want them neutered first but by the age one can do so (especially in Thailand) they aren't little kittens anymore and then not so appealing to be adopted. 

14 hours ago, NancyL said:

Sheryl, I don't see any calicos in that herd.  Here is ours:

Maneki and Truevisions.jpg

The 2 to the righthand side of the 1st picture are calicos.All 3 colors. Just in more of a tabby pattern as opposed to large patches.

20 hours ago, orchis said:

i raise two that someone threw in our garden, so i cannot help you 

@orchis, that's a Khao Manee you've got there!

A highly valued type of Siamese cat with a royal heritage.

Are both eyes blue or are they different colored? The different colored eyes = a "perfect" Khao Manee

• Like 1

I too have adopted 2 kittens 2 years ago and they become mothers  of 2 and 3 kittens. We wanted a good home for them and my GF asked a Thai man in the village. He promised to take them to his friend who has a farm and people will take care of them. Now I believe he kill them all or let them go in the sugar-cane field. I am devastated. More likely they starved to death there. 

Edited by erymax
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The 2 to the righthand side of the 1st picture are calicos.All 3 colors. Just in more of a tabby pattern as opposed to large patches.

Never heard of a Calico cat , so I guess the one in from the cold , now sitting on my lap is one.

She is called Samsee on account of her 3 colours.  Not much of a tail but the other 2 cats have dis figured tails too.

IMGP0997.JPG

Yep, that's a calico. Any cat with white, orange and black coloring.

Here is a better close up of my calico kittens taken just a frw days after birth (they look identical so see one, see both. I think this litter had 3 fathers.)

received_1013554575655418.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, orchis said:

i raise two that someone threw in our garden, so i cannot help you 

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

LOL

That's actually the same number (9) as I currently have though 5 of the 9 at my place are little kittens...and you'll never see al 9 lying peacefully together! The babies and Momma yes but never my 3 original cats.

My original cat (see Avatar) takes the position that she should be the only pet and violently (and I do mean violently) objects to the presence of any other cat.

Cat #2 in order of arrival was just a kitten (badly maimed) when I go him and would probably have grown up OK with other cats had he not suffered abuse at the hands of cat #1 but thanks to her, at the very sight of another cat he (now the picture of health and strength) goes into immediate and serious attack mode.

He is  locked in a daily struggle with cat #3, who likewise joined the household as a baby and has been inculcated into this  tragic cycle of hating other cats. ..  it is an endless rerun of roadrunner vs Wiley Coyote with  only a good  bit bloodier.

All 3 have to be kept physically apart at all times, it is worse than living on the Gaza strip and I have twice been sent tot the ER with injuries sustained from fighting cats. . ...you get the picture.

The new Momma cat and her off spring are all being sheltered in the garden shed for their own protection which is wearing more than a little thin now that they are ambulatory and playful.

Anyhow @ireckonso you are off the hook and kudos for taking all 9 of these in! I trust  they are all spayed and neutered!

I just love cats and hope they all find a home,  I do have three of my own.

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Never heard of a Calico cat , so I guess the one in from the cold , now sitting on my lap is one.

She is called Samsee on account of her 3 colours.  Not much of a tail but the other 2 cats have dis figured tails too.

IMGP0997.JPG

The kinked or bobbed tail is a very common genetic mutation among cats in SE Asia.  I've heard that the bobbed tail can also be a result of inbreeding.  Interesting, our calico has a very long, straight tail, but her grandmother, who has almost identical calico markings, is a bob-tail cat.  

On 12/6/2019 at 10:42 AM, erymax said:

I too have adopted 2 kittens 2 years ago and they become mothers  of 2 and 3 kittens. We wanted a good home for them and my GF asked a Thai man in the village. He promised to take them to his friend who has a farm and people will take care of them. Now I believe he kill them all or let them go in the sugar-cane field. I am devastated. More likely they starved to death there. 

Never give animals to Thais, as we all know the national trait when it comes to responsibility.