BANGKOK
SailingHome

Extension of stay marriage

You can get a marriage extension based on income.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You can get a marriage extension based on income.

If you have 1 year of deposits from a overseas bank account into a Thai bank account in your name.

• Like 1

Or if you are employed with a work permit in Thailand you can show 40,000 per month local income with Thai income tax records.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What country are you from, you can get a letter from your embassy for monthly income, if you are not from US,  And,  or the UK 

• Haha 1

For the income method you must be able to show at least 1 payment every month for the last 12 months of a minimum of 40,000baht or they can reject your application. If you cannot show that you have done an international transfer of a minimum of 40,000baht every month for the past 12 months then I would suggest that you go to Savannakhet or HCMC and get a 1 year multi entry visa based on marriage, but you must do a border run every 90 days and a couple of days before the visa expires you do another border run which will give you an extra 90 days. There are no financials needed at Savannakhet, I am not sure about HCMC. By doing this it will give you 15 months to arrange your financials so that you can show a minimum of 40,000baht being an international transfer into your Thai bank account every month

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flexomike said:

What country are you from, you can get a letter from your embassy for monthly income, if you are not from US,  And,  or the UK 

UK,US and Australia

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flexomike said:

He is from USA

I have a little over 500,000 in bank for way more than 3 years. I have a monthly income of over 100,000 THB for even longer than that .

My last visa and going back many years have been a retirement visa,

Last year I renewed my retirement visa with about 1,000,000 in the bank.

However, over the course of the year I had several health issues come up so my bank account has dwindled.
Therefore, I decided to switch to a marriage visa this Jan when my retirement visa expires.

Anyone know if this is going to be a problem or not?

44 minutes ago, Spike1938 said:

I have a little over 500,000 in bank for way more than 3 years. I have a monthly income of over 100,000 THB for even longer than that .

However, over the course of the year I had several health issues come up so my bank account has dwindled.
Therefore, I decided to switch to a marriage visa this Jan when my retirement visa expires.

You just need 400k in the bank two months before applying for the extension based on marriage. Plus a load of documents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

And a wife, as well.

That's the crucial part, I guess. 😁

4 hours ago, Spike1938 said:

You will have no problem applying for a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife.

400,000 baht in the bank for 2 months.

Or proof of 40,000 Baht monthly salary.

6 hours ago, Spike1938 said:

No problem. just heaps more paperwork.