Weatherman predicts coldest period from December 7-9

snoop1130

Weatherman predicts coldest period from December 7-9

10-49-4-1024x709.jpg

Most parts of Thailand are forecast to experience cool weather this weekend, when temperatures in the North and Northeast are forecast to drop to between 6oC and 12oC and as low as 1oC on mountain tops due to an intense cold front now looming over Thailand.

Temperatures in Bangkok and its suburbs, as well as provinces in the central and eastern regions, are also forecast to dip to 13-18oC from December 7th to 9th, according to Thailand’s Meteorological Department this morning.

Because of the cold and dry weather, the department is warning of the possibility of fires spreading from the burning of farm waste and the malfunctioning of electrical systems.

Strong winds and high waves are also expected in the Gulf of Thailand, with 2-4 metre wave height.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/weatherman-predicts-coldest-period-from-december-7-9/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-12-05

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

While i type here i am normally in just a pair of shorts with the fan going ,i am now in long trousers ,have a t shirt on and no fan ,,its cold ,call Greta and tell her someone ,i blame global warming/????

Me too ,just about 6 pm and I have my jeans on , but lovely sleeping on cold nights.

15 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

While i type here i am normally in just a pair of shorts with the fan going ,i am now in long trousers ,have a t shirt on and no fan ,,its cold ,call Greta and tell her someone ,i blame global warming/????

Same for me. And last night I dug out the heavy quilt for the bed.

15 C last night and not much above the mid 20s in the day. Very nice, though pretty windy. All my neighbors are wrapped up well with jackets and shoes...still in shorts and T shirt and sandals. One of our cars has a heater which keeps the kids and wife happy on the morning school run.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Same for me. And last night I dug out the heavy quilt for the bed.

Unpacked the few long sleeve shirts, plugged in the electric room heated, medium weight MB jacket and gloves riding in to Chiang Mai Expat Breakfast this morn at 08:30. Love it, Da being Thai wants to be close to my male Farang body heat!

This time last year I had to make visits to the small local hospital at 6am every day for a week. It was eight degrees, and one morning 'steam' began rising from the lake outside the front of the hospital and all the nurses ran out to take photos. They'd never seen that before ????

Coldest for 2 years in Udon Thani. Overnight temperatures have dropped steadily since tuesday, now down 8 degrees centigrade on last week Max/min thermometer at 13 this morning (it is placed under a roofed but open area, so it maybe a couple of degrees less in the garden itself).

Archived