Comedian Nish Kumar pelted with bread and booed off stage at charity event

snoop1130

Comedian Nish Kumar pelted with bread and booed off stage at charity event

310dccb0-15c5-11ea-9f6e-4a0652eb8120.jpg

Stand-up comedian Nish Kumar has been booed off stage, and even had a bread roll thrown at him, after making jokes about Brexit and politicians at a charity event.

The host of BBC Two's The Mash Report was performing at the Lord's Taverners annual charity cricket Christmas lunch in London but his jokes about Brexit did not go down well with the audience.

Kumar then made a joke about former House of Commons speaker John Bercow, who was in attendance.

He told the crowd at the Grosvenor House hotel: "I'm not going anywhere. Absolutely not. I'm full Bercowing it. Absolute Bercow. I know you want me to do it but I'm not gonna leave. Absolutely not. Absolutely not."

Full Story: https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/12/03/comedian-nish-kumar-pelted-with-bread-and-booed-off-stage-at-cha/

Mr Kumar failed to understand the nature of the event and what the audience expected to hear.  The event is an annual charity fundraiser for underprivileged kids and the expectation is light humour and apolitical.

The audience had already enjoyed Harry Redknapp's Q&A session but Mr Kumar decided to turn convention on its head and go full-on political with rants against Boris and imperial British rule.  The audience immediately got restless but Mr Kumar, in his wisdom, decided to carry on.  He wasn't pelted though it was reported that someone threw a bread roll in his general direction.  He was eventually slow clapped and a compere persuaded him to leave the stage. 

The guy's obviously full of it and hardly qualifies as a comedian.  Well done the audience.

4 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

I think we may have found a candidate for the 10,000 baht a day big spending Indian that Pattaya's expecting. 

except that he's in London;

and quite persistently says he is not going anywhere

It sounds like he's been hanging around his Anti-Brexit BBC colleagues too long and doesn't realize what's going on in the real world.

Poor lad, obviously got a bit of a shock when he stepped outside of the echo chamber. Hopefully the bread roll was large and stale. :w00t:

Why do we need an EVENT to give to charity?     What's wrong with giving anonymous donations?               Nothing to do with being seen to donate, I am sure.

"Look at me, Look at me, everybody.   Can't you all see how generous I am ?"

But, then again,  I might be wrong.

Just now, bumpkin said:

Why do we need an EVENT to give to charity?     What's wrong with giving anonymous donations?               Nothing to do with being seen to donate, I am sure.

This isn't an advertised event and also an annual event raising funds latently until Kumar decided to draw attention for all the wrong reasons.  Are you okay?  

2 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

This isn't an advertised event and also an annual event raising funds latently until Kumar decided to draw attention for all the wrong reasons.  Are you okay?  

yes.  this EVENT is never reported in the media, so no-one ever gets to hear about it(!)  Would these generous patrons not donate to charity if it weren't for the EVENT ? 

BTW - who is Kumar - didn't he used to live at #42

Just now, bumpkin said:

yes.  this EVENT is never reported in the media, so no-one ever gets to hear about it(!)  Would these generous patrons not donate to charity if it weren't for the EVENT ? 

BTW - who is Kumar - didn't he used to live at #42

What is your point?  Very vague and seemingly immaterial.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, richard_smith237 said:

This guy is brilliant...  his Audience a probably the target of most of is satire... 

I'm left wondering why on earth Nish Kumar was booked for this even, even more why Nish Kumar took the booking.

I'm full 'Bercowing' it.... Brilliant !! 

He does 'woke' cliched so called humour aimed at the PC brigade. Usually his audiences clap and applaud not because hes funny but because they agree with his extreme left wing, liberal politics. The audience booed him off the stage for talking about boring politics...Probably the first time he he had an audience of real people not fawning remainers,  tree huggers and feminists. Its called 'clapter' comedy

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/12/04/nish-kumar-and-the-trouble-with-clapter-comedy/

19 minutes ago, bendejo said:

People walking around with narwhal tusks and bringing bread to shows.  Is this what life in the UK is about these days?

The bread was on the dinner table at a fund raising charity dinner where kumar was supposed to be entertaining. The narwhal tusk was on a wall . It was an exhibit in a historic building where the muslim murderer had been meeting with his mentor who he stabbed to death. I hope that clears things up for you.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, bumpkin said:

How much do you donate?

On 12/5/2019 at 7:40 PM, torturedsole said:

I think we may have found a candidate for the 10,000 baht a day big spending Indian that Pattaya's expecting. 

He's English. Born in Wandsworth.

The English don't come any more.

8 minutes ago, Traubert said:

He's English. Born in Wandsworth.

The English don't come any more.

He holds a British passport but like many immigrants and children of immigrants he hates Britain. Only the BBC would employ him other than as cleaner or kitchen hand. The joke indeed on us. Our TV tax pays for his salary.

I'm but a stupid 'murican, but I've watched his TV show, 'Mash Report'

Is it supposed to be funny? If it is, maybe there is some 'lost in translation' thing I'm just not getting.

Sometimes comedians seem to to over estimate their own intellect and social impact. This dude seems to fit that bill!

Archived