2 land border entry per year

I have done 1 land border entry earlier this year and i am now on a TV extended with 30 days which expire 2nd January 2020.

If i leave and enter my 2nd land border on 27th December and then extend with 30 days in January will this entry count as my 2nd for 2019 and i can do 2 more land boarder entries in 2020?

or will this count as 1 entry in 2020 as the most part of the stay and extension will be in 2020?

1 minute ago, Farangdanny said:

Interesting. I entered on first visa run and got until 27/12. I did plan to get an extension for 30 days. If allowed two land entries per CALENDAR year, can I do second one for 2019 on 27th.get extension on that one and then do two more in 2020 ?

Yes you can.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can.

Thank you, good news.

I noticed a sign on Immigration booths  at Mae Sai say, "no more visa runs' !!

It must have been obvious I was doing one ?

If you stay in Myanmar for the day and look around the town, do you still have to pay their 500 Baht ?

2 hours ago, Farangdanny said:

Thank you, good news.

It must have been obvious I was doing one ?

If you stay in Myanmar for the day and look around the town, do you still have to pay their 500 Baht ?

500 baht or US$10. You need a border pass regardless of the length of time you remain in Myanmar.

10 hours ago, Farangdanny said:

That sign has been up for several years. What they meant by visa runs was doing a border hop for a new visa exempt entry. Since the limit of 2 visa exempt entry per calendar year at land borders crossing went in effect it not longer applies.