Jump to content
BANGKOK
Kf6vci

IO demanded proof of my hotel reservation

Recommended Posts

In the past, I witnessed an Indian traveller getting grilled over the same thing.

 

Q: Need we all add hotel reservations to the "to do list"? Money, flight out, hotel reservation?

 

Is this the IO's personal whim, or is there a law justifying this requirement?

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kf6vci said:

Is this the IO's personal whim, or is there a law justifying this requirement?

It's on the entry form, I've always put an address on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, was io asking for an address where staying or proof of booking. Many countries require you enter an address. In last few weeks I've  been to Osaka and Saigon. Both required an address of where you are staying. Having said that the hotel can be random. Also of course my address in Los when I return. 

 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In last few weeks I've  been to Osaka and Saigon. Both required an address of where you are staying.

Never been asked where I'm staying in Vietnam, and I go there 4x a year on VISA waiver.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never been asked where I'm staying in Vietnam, and I go there 4x a year on VISA waiver.

Yes your correct. Got bit confused. I get 3 month multiple four time per year. I just now filled in application for next 3 month multi for next entry Friday week. Brain fade. The address of where staying is on that form, but once visa issued you do not need show hotel accom at pp control. OZ don't have luxury of ve.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kf6vci said:

Q: Need we all add hotel reservations to the "to do list"? Money, flight out, hotel reservation?

Also keep the boarding pass of the flight you have just disembarked from? I was asked for that a couple of entries ago, but not since. I noticed  at the weekend, a sticker on the top left of the desk glass (whilst doing my fingerprints on the way in), prepare boarding pass in (at least) English and Chinese.....unless they have been re-arranging the furniture?

 

The person next desk was getting the onward ticket question. I heard Myanmar mentioned, but not sure if she was stopping off to go there, and he wanted the ticket back out of Thailand. She was in a bit of a fluster for a couple of minutes, but found it on her phone..The officers were all in their dress uniforms!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Also keep the boarding pass of the flight you have just disembarked from? I was asked for that a couple of entries ago, but not since. I noticed  at the weekend, a sticker on the top left of the desk glass (whilst doing my fingerprints on the way in), prepare boarding pass in (at least) English and Chinese.....unless they have been re-arranging the furniture?

 

The person next desk was getting the onward ticket question. I heard Myanmar mentioned, but not sure if she was stopping off to go there, and he wanted the ticket back out of Thailand. She was in a bit of a fluster for a couple of minutes, but found it on her phone..The officers were all in their dress uniforms!

Boarding pass is often required at pp control. Can be hit and miss. The onward flight for visa exempt entry can be asked for. The story you relate about other person surprises me. Flying in visa exempt airline will almost certainly ask for onward flight. If not have then no boarding pass. Few weeks back I flew oz to Saigon. Had visa to Vietnam but only 5 days left. 

Check in airline chick demanded I show onward flight. She was out of line but I had screenshot which she accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed a troll post and the replies to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Never been asked where I'm staying in Vietnam, and I go there 4x a year on VISA waiver.

Perhaps Thailand is being so inquisitive because it thinks it's the only first world country. Couldn't blame them with the strength of the baht. 

The new e-visa scheme also requires applicants to submit bank details for the last three months as proof that they can cover their travel expenses, a measure that has angered some Taiwanese people.

KMT Legislator Apollo Chen said the requirement is tantamount to treating Taiwan as a Third World country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saigon Imm' have always asked me for details on VE. The print out of address and flight out.

Boarding pass sometimes yes, sometimes no.

SUV, DMK etc always need the address on the TM6. I have had the usual 5 minute 'wait', behind the idiots who haven't filled in the TM6, while they fill it in at the desk. Why don't they just send them to one side to fill iit in, or to the back of the queue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the IO’s in any country can ask you about your plans for stay as you enter. You travel to a foreign country and don’t have a place to stay? As a US citizen I often get asked about my travel plans when I enter the US. What’s the problem?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...