Foreign investment in Thailand grows 106%

webfact

Foreign investment in Thailand grows 106%

c70c04134f19e669bd69e4a4feea607b_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Despite a drop in approved foreign companies able to undertake business in Thailand by 23 percent compared to last year, the number of foreign companies investing in Thailand from January to November this year has reached 22.153 billion baht (22,153,000,000), showing a 106 percent growth rate.

The Department of Business Developmen’s Deputy Director General, Poonpong Naiyanapakorn, said the doubling in the number of such foreign investors, was a result of the activities of high investment businesses such as metro projects management, installation and testing services for natural resource exploration, and petroleum extraction.

1,165 foreign investment projects have been processed via the Board of Investment (BOI) over the first nine months of this year, worth 314.13 billion baht (314,130,000,000), which is an 11 percent increase year-on-year. Companies that have received investment promotion from the BOI are exempted from having to process a business operations permit according to the Foreign Business Act.

The Department of Business Development is now working to streamline regulations and facilitate the applications of investors who have filed for investment promotion with the BOI. Currently, foreign businesses which have received business promotion are still required to apply for foreign business certification within 30 days.

The department will be proposing an information sharing scheme which will allow foreign companies to pay fees on the e-Payment system, which will reduce the time required for a foreign business certification application process to only one day.

nnt.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - Despite a drop in approved foreign companies able to undertake business in Thailand by 23 percent compared to last year, the number of foreign companies investing in Thailand from January to November this year has reached 22.153 billion baht (22,153,000,000), showing a 106 percent growth rate.

Despite turning 65 this year, I am looking forward to my 25th birthday next year! Confused?

I hope they get some solace from the BS they sprout!

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Despite turning 65 this year, I am looking forward to my 25th birthday next year! Confused?

I hope they get some solace from the BS they sprout!

Reading comprehension and maths obviously not your strong point.

I love the way you are just ignoring people who ask you to explain your reasoning behind calling it BS - a usual TVF tactic by the naysayers.  Bash and run.

Having dealt with the BOI and set up two BOI companies in the last few years I can say they are easily the most honest, transparent, and outward looking government body.  What's more, that transparency extends to listing every single company that they award privileges to on their website, along with ownership details, investment details, location etc.  

So let me join the others in asking you to explain what your issue is with it and exactly why it is BS?  I'm waiting.

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

When I see the above image, I immediately know it's government propaganda

Why is it propaganda?  What is untrue about the story?  Please try and use facts in your response.  You obviously have different figures about foreign investment and BOI approvals this year, so please share.  Or is this another bash and run?

If there was a real argument about the numbers we'd have heard it by now, we haven't so there isn't one, it's just a response to Pavlov ringing the bell!

But I am concerned about the number of confused posters out there, goodness me, they seem to get so confused at even the most simple things, it's quite sad really.

20 minutes ago, saengd said:

But I am concerned about the number of confused posters out there, goodness me, they seem to get so confused at even the most simple things, it's quite sad really.

Confused posters?

The only confused poster is yourself, surely no one believes all the garbage, untruths that the government lackies spew out every few days, but appears you do.

24 minutes ago, saengd said:

If there was a real argument about the numbers we'd have heard it by now, we haven't so there isn't one, it's just a response to Pavlov ringing the bell!

I've noticed it's the same group of posters who get confused really easily but then a minute or two later they are very happy with each other's posts.  Alternating between confusion and delirium so frequently and rapidly can't be good for your mental health - I hope they are ok.

And not only do they get confused really easily but they are very forgetful - always forgetting to answer direct questions or challenges.  Confused and forgetful, poor things.

21 minutes ago, saengd said:

If there was a real argument about the numbers we'd have heard it by now,

Agreed - except grammatically some may find this confusing -

the number of foreign companies investing in Thailand from January to November this year has reached 22.153 billion baht (22,153,000,000), showing a 106 percent growth rate.

I doubt there has been over 22 billion actual foreign companies investing...........

I know they mean the value invested :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Confused posters?

The only confused poster is yourself, surely no one believes all the garbage, untruths that the government lackies spew out every few days, but appears you do.

You keep giving me confused emojis so it seems you are the one who is confused.

Further evidence of that is that I haven't said what I believe, I've just asked others why they think what they've posted.

7 minutes ago, CLS said:

Who with half a brain invests in a failed state?

Maybe the Chinese because they rule this country already.

The Japanese are the largest foreign investors in Thailand, not the Chinese, sorry to burst your little "Chinese colony" bubble.  And the Japanese are known for their business naivety.  If only the Japanese were as smart as you they might have a successful country.

Failed state - get over yourself.

3 minutes ago, uffe123 said:

Fake news, most international companies will not invest or do business in Thailand. There is a hidden cost of doing business.

If it is fake news, please give us the real facts about foreign investment here and BOI approvals.  

Thailand's Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) increased by 5.2 USD bn in Sep 2019, compared with an increase of 2.0 USD bn in the previous quarter.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/thailand/foreign-direct-investment (includes a pretty graph for those with reading and comprehension difficulties)

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/foreign-direct-investment (has graph/picture also)

And FDI countries:

2982806.jpg

23 minutes ago, topt said:

Agreed - except grammatically some may find this confusing -

I doubt there has been over 22 billion actual foreign companies investing...........

I know they mean the value invested :thumbsup:

It would, in all fairness be absoutely staggering for any country to be able to claim a 106% growth in DFI.  I suspect that they mean these figures represent a growth of maybe 6%, (i.e 106% of the last period's figures)?  That in itself, with Thailand's history of deep, high level corruption, incompetence, government meddling, xenophobia and general's incompetence (yes, the silly ittle general, oops I mean PM, nope I mean silly little general), would be a pretty amazing feat!

2 minutes ago, saminoz said:

It would, in all fairness be absoutely staggering for any country to be able to claim a 106% growth in DFI.  I suspect that they mean these figures represent a growth of maybe 6%, (i.e 106% of the last period's figures)?  That in itself, with Thailand's history of deep, high level corruption, incompetence, government meddling, xenophobia and general's incompetence (yes, the silly ittle general, oops I mean PM, nope I mean silly little general), would be a pretty amazing feat!

If I read the attached graph correctly, the increase was actually far greater than 106%:

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/thailand/foreign-direct-investment

2 minutes ago, saengd said:

Thailand's Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) increased by 5.2 USD bn in Sep 2019, compared with an increase of 2.0 USD bn in the previous quarter.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/thailand/foreign-direct-investment (includes a pretty graph for those with reading and comprehension difficulties)

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/foreign-direct-investment (has graph/picture also)

And FDI countries:

2982806.jpg

The graphic applies to countries interested in investing, and for 2018.  Not terribly relevant, but thank you for the pretty picture!

Yep, my mistake, sorry about that, ditto the subsequent link which is outbound investment.

Although having said that, those are applications recieved by the BOI, the approved number can't be that far off I imagine.

Just now, saengd said:

Yep, my mistake, sorry about that, ditto the subsequent link which is outbound investment.

Understood.  The OP is confusing though.

Whilst mentoning this amazing 106% figure, read on and is states that the DFI for the first none months of this year was up, in fact, 11%, year-on-year.

The numbers might well be true !

That's what numbers look like when you are selling out your country !

Make big projects with foreign money and it's foreign owned.

At one point everything belongs to the investor [nowadays you can legally take over the world with fiat money !!!].

Privatizing public infrastructure is enslaving the population. [You could call this legal slavery]

This happens all over the world - and nobody wants to know anything about it !!!

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Why is it propaganda?  What is untrue about the story?  Please try and use facts in your response.  You obviously have different figures about foreign investment and BOI approvals this year, so please share.  Or is this another bash and run?

1 hour ago, saengd said:

I have a simple challenge for you both, and others like you who seem to genuinely trust the various Thai government pronuncements. 

When two or more Thai government bodies totally contradict each other as to the "facts", I will want to see how you both respond. 

I'll tag you going forward when this happens, as it happens almost daily. 

Archived